What a blogger is up too? civil rights people! Where is the UN?

http://www.compassdirect.org/english/country/egypt/11173/
all writers must read!

gaurdianangels

Asked by gaurdianangels at 12:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! I would say I have changed just to get out!

Answer by older at 7:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The US's stance on restricting and persecuting Christians enables these countries to do things like this. It is often a by our lead  that countries begin to be emboldened. Like it or not, we are the country that others emulate. It is like being in school. Kids rarely emulate the good behave. They always follow the bad behavior of the ones they see as the "alpha country". We are setting horrible examples by our restrictions of Christians to the point of borderline persecution. We are the freedom of religion country yet a certain religion (and only that religion) is restricted. They are just following our lead.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• ***behavior***
    jesse123456

• I agree with Older. I'd pay them lip service to get out--then I'd immediately recant the Islamic religion, and go back to my chosen religion. It's not like denouncing one religion in favor of another actually changes what is in your heart or mind!

Islam is such a peaceful and loving group--chock full of tolerance! (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "Islam is such a peaceful and loving group--chock full of tolerance! (sarcasm)!"

Right, and that is why they  invaded OUR country and caused a million deaths in the past ten years.

That is proof that Xians are way more tolerant and loving and peaceful.

As a matter of fact, your comment just oozes tolerance, love and peace, doesn't it?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I agree with Older also. Luckily, I know God knows what is in my heart. But this--YIKES!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Egypt does not have civil rights in the way that the US does. My husband is from Egypt, he moved here about 9 years ago, so he has told me a lot about the Gov and religion there. At least when he was there, he said that relations between Christians (they are Coptic Christians there), Jews, and the Muslim majority were not bad. I would have to wonder if there is another element to this story, the civil rights violations in that country have much more to do with their president Mubarak (sp?) and his dictatorial regime that is stripping people of their rights. It has very little to do with religion and a hell of a lot to do with money, politics, and power. I wonder if this poor guy crossed the wrong person with his political views.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Islam is such a peaceful and loving group--chock full of tolerance! (sarcasm)
    __________________________
    I take offense to this attitude. It is dismissive and uneducated. My husband is a Muslim and he is very peaceful, loving, and tolerant person, as is taught in his religion. I will refrain from using harsher words even though I have a few choice ones.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009