Should I abort?

Im 16 yrs old and if my parents know Im preg. I'll be dead,should I abort?I have a life way ahead of me and I don't think a baby is good in it.Well I have food for him/her?Idk wat to do.I should had been careful when I was having realastionship with my bf.Should I abort? That's the thought in my head.I want it but then I don't.Please help me!

IMVU_Pregnacy

Asked by IMVU_Pregnacy at 12:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Only YOU can make that choice.

I PERSONALLY believe that abortion is wrong after the 8th week. But when i was 14 i did have an abortion and i believe i might have been past the 8th week. I do not regret having an abortion HOWEVER there are many women that do.

YOU need to sit down and think seriously about your life and the choices you have made and the choice you need to make. And then PRAY that you will make the right one.

You can PM if you need someone to talk to. I am friendly, and can be understanding, but i am also blunt and honest.
    Best wishes to you. Blessed Be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• from personal experience please do not abort your baby. it will seem like the best decision at the moment but you will regret it forever. take some time out and just relax and breathe. i know your young and you say your parents will kill you. but just give it time and they will understand of course they will not be please but they will love you no matter at the end of the day. i had an abortion and i regretted it deeply it was tore me apart mentally and emotionally. i felt horrible that i took the easy way out and just felt low. no one understood my pain. and i was just like you confused, worried, and embarrassed by what people would say especially my parents. its something that i have not gotten over yet but i have learned to deal with it i guess. children are blessings from God. Now God has granted me again with another chance at being a mother and i am having my baby. just think if u need any other advice please write.
    survivormama10

Answer by survivormama10 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Only you can decide what is right for you. But make sure you weigh all the options and if you have any doubt then that decision is probably not right. Personally, as a parent of a 16 year old myself, I would be supportive of her if she bacame pregnant.. I would not be happy but whats done is done and now we deal with it. Talk with your parents or a parent of a friend. You need to talk with an adult on this before you make a decision. Adoption is an option. There are plenty of parents out there that would give the world to your baby. Please, talk with your mother, I am sure she will listen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• no, do not abort your baby. it is a living thing, and to abort it is to kill it.
    im 19 and was pregnant at 18. my parents were pissed but they love my daughter to death now.
    im sure they will get over it, and besides YOU have to live with the guilt of having an abortion, not your parents.
    there are resources out there to help you, should you keep it.
    im in college now, i love waking up to my baby everyday. it is a joy beyond your imagination to have a child, you can do it!! it wasnt a good thing to get pregnant, but now you have to step up and take responsibility.
    your life WILL go on, and you can do just as much if you have a baby. in fact, my child motivates me to do MORE, because i was a real slacker in high school and because i have a child, i make sure to get A's in college.
    please dont kill your baby.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Why are you asking complete strangers if you should kill your baby? Don't you think you should talk to a parent/counselor/pastor/teacher or a doctor you trust?????
    I think abortion is wrong at all times for all reasons. You need to stop worrying about if mom will kill you and TALK TO HER.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• In my opinion, sometimes abortion is the best option. I know, because I chose that, and I don't regret it whatsoever. In my heart, I just knew something wasn't right, that it wasn't time yet. So, I terminated the pregnancy. Was it difficult? Of course. Painful? You bet, especially since they don't use anesthesia here (barbaric). But I do not regret it.

It may not be the right choice for you, but only you can decide that. Just because you have an abortion now doesn't mean that you can't have children in the future (I'm at 17 weeks now, and all tests so far show no problems). It doesn't mean you're evil, heartless, or cruel. It just means that you're making a choice that is right for you in this time.

Talk with your guidance counselor or a nurse at your local clinic. They should be able to help you process some of your feelings about this choice, and answer questions about the procedure.

Good luck. (((hugs)))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I am all for pro-choice, but prefer adoption when possible. If you can, please consider giving the baby up for adoption. But above all, you need to do what's right for your life.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Let me go over some options with you that you might not have thought about.
    You say that you want your baby but then you dont. When I hear this it makes me think you are saying that you want your baby but do not feel ready for it yet.
    You can always put your baby up for adoption and allow a family member to adopt the baby if you wish. You could also have an open adoption where the family that adopts your child is aware of the fact that you will have visitation through out the childs life. You could always have the baby and if it is too much to handle then give it up for adoption. No matter what you do you need to tell your parents. If I were your mother, even though I'd be angry for about five minutes, I would be devestated for life if I knew you were suffering and pregnant and I never knew about it. She is your mother and loves you. Yes she will be upset but that will pass quickly. You need her more now than ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I say no, don't abort. Look up a local Christian crisis pregnancy center. They can help you in lots of ways, especially giving you a safe place to hang out while being able to talk about this. That's wahat they are there for and what they love to do. All of the women I've met at these places, are soo sweet.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• btw.
    When i told my mom at 14 that i was pregnant ...she was not angry. She was sad. she cried longer and harder then i did i think (of course, i was very young).
    I got pregnant again less then 2 years later when i was 16 and i miscarried that baby. I told her i was pregnant and she cried. She was just as sad as the time before (but less shock i think) but when i insisted on keeping it and caring for it she WAS supportive.
    I was like you, and thought if my mom ever found out i was pregnant that i'd for sure be dead. but that's not what happened at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2009