this is my first and i have so many questions!

i keep calling my obgyn and all my questions they go its normal its normal its normal....

well im almost 9 weeks pregnant with my first and when i take a deep breath my stomach hurts, then last night i woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach that only lasted for like 3 seconds and my rib cage hurts. i dont know what is normal or not and i know since its my first i wouldnt really know. i wish i had a obgyn that explained why this stuff happened not just if its normal or not

did u have anything like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The sharp pains, are they in your lower abdomen, the sides? Its called round ligiment pain, the ligaments are stretching as the baby grows and it causes a bit of pain, nothing to worry about. :-)
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You're psyching yourself up. Your ribcage probably hurts because you're breathing more deeply, trying to see if you can make your stomach hurt and try to figure out what the pain is from. The sharp pains are probably either digestion slowing down and making you a little constipated, or ligament pain from your belly trying to accomodate an organ that WAS the size and shape of a small pear and is now closer to the size of a grapefruit. I don't think you have anything to worry about :) I know it's tough, especially with your first, but you'll be okay :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sounds like it could be ligament pain. Usually that is totally normal but sometimes it requires attention. Either way if you are experiencing continuous pain in your ribcage, your ob should be smart and check it out just to be safe. Consider switching to a different OB-this one obviously does not have your best interest in any kind of importance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My sister is 7 mths and has ligament pain. Her dr did an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay, then he put her on a low-stress schedule. Stress usually plays a role in ligament pain. Try to find ways to de-stress yourself. You might also want to switch to a different OB. Call around, ask for an interview if you need to. Your dr. should be committed to providing you with QUALITY health care. Do some research and see what you find. I switched drs. when I was pregnant and I am SO GLAD I did.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• if i were you i would go ahead and switch to an OB/midwife that would answer my questions more satisfactorily :) the sooner the better
    Anonymous