I want to finally end this. help!

My boyfriend is a loser and i've known this all along, but i ignored it because i tried to focus on those rare good times.
He's an alcoholic who has no real ambition. He lies, he steals, and he constantly hangs my past (i was a promiscuous teen) over my head, calling me names, always accusing me of cheating and "going out"
Tonight we went trick-or-treating and he was drunk. I didnt want to ruin the night for our daughter, but he ruined it anway by picking fights with me whenever i was on the phone (with HIS mother, whom i'm close with) he said, "what guy you talking to now?"--i have never never cheated or given him a slightest clue that I have.
he then started saying i was probably going out partying after i put the baby to bed (false). He grabbed my arms a couple times very hard.
I have a lot of history with this guy, but I'm so done with the constant arguing, mental abuse etc. He says i cant find anyone better.
Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Pack your stuff and your child and GO. Tonight. Not ONE MORE MINUTE wasted on this loser. GET OUT NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Gte out now it gets worse trust me hon I know
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 1:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing... kicked loser drunk baby daddy out 3 weeks ago... it's really hard and getting harder, trying to let him see his son but have boundries at the same time. He goes from coming over and trying to win me back to saying i'm crazy and fat and no one would ever want me.... we took baby trick or treating tonight against my better judgement... he brought his roomates daughter who i only hope is 18 because i think there must be something going on there. I'm much happier now he's outta the house, even though it's hard to be a single mother. message me sometime. i'm new to this site
    serinaberina

Answer by serinaberina at 2:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Get out now, you'll find a way trust me! It'll only get worse and drunks won't change for anyone unless they are teh ones who want to change. Trust me, with an alcoholic father and my awesome MIL is a complete drunk, too, I've seen it enough. It's not good for your daughter, and you will be happier in the long run.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• It won't get any better so if you like living like that stay with him. If you don't want to be treated like that then get out

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I agree with the others, GET OUT NOW!!! It's NOT going to get better. The fact that you think he is a loser says volumes! You know you're not happy, you need to listen to what you're saying. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your daughter--she deserves to not see mommy and daddy fighting, and daddy hurting mommy!

Secretly make plans to move out either to a place of your own, your parents home, a friends home (temporarily), or a women's shelter--they will help you to get back on your feet--find a job, a permanent place to stay, even food and clothing.

You cannot CHANGE your boyfriend's actions/attitude--only he can do that, and he sounds content in who he is! Your deserve to be happy--and clearly, you are not.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• A little thallium in whatever his favorite tipple is...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Get out now trust me it won't get any better. He will then turn to physical violence. You and your child deserve better. Yes you will find some body elese. My ex was very abusive to me. Thank god i got out. i don't want to live that life or have my children living it either.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• leave him, tell his mother the real reason and that your scared he could hurt you.... you could always find someone better...
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009