Help with 29 month old

My son has been woking with state people with OT and speech therapy but is progressing very slow and is 50 percent behind for his age.
My son is:
Aggrestive
unsocial when more then 3 kids are present
speech delays
feeding/eating problems
getting hurt does not bother him just rubs it off and moves on
like to tell me where he wants to go
scared of crowed places
likes to play in water in the sink but scared of bath
Does not like to be restranded (carseat, time out, high chair, shpping cart)

Also what is the diffrece bewtween high function autism, asbergars, and pdd?

magnane

Asked by magnane at 1:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• PDD (pervasive developmental disorder) is an "umbrella" diagnosis under which all developmental disabilities are grouped. It depends on who you talk to - some people believe aspergers IS high functioning autism, other's believe it's a separate diagnosis. My 12 year old has autism, my 9 year old was diagnosed with autism when he was young but is now mainstreamed in AG classes and is able to maintain a wide circle of friends (some of the "experts" now say he has aspergers, that someone with autism could never function that well - I don't know!). But most people these days are using the label ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and saying that kids are "somewhere on the spectrum). Keep up the OT and speech therapy, even if sometimes it seems futile at some point it will click. If you are eligible for preschool, get involved in that as well - it definitely helps!!

Answer by missanc at 10:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Asperger's IS high-functioning autism. But Aspies tend to be very advanced in language skills, so I don't think that's what you've got here. Not claiming to be an expert...we've oly been travelingthe Asperger's road for a short time, but we were told that Aspies develop language and an extensive vocabulary ahead of their age mates, and that was certainly true of our son.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2009