What kind of activities do you do with your young one?

I'm trying to get ideas besides reading, learning ABC 123, playing ball, and playing chase.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We do alot of crafts and playgroups. I try and take them to all the little festivals and things that we have around town.
    We color alot. Watch movies. They help me clean up the house. Help bake cookies and such.
    Just normal things that little kids like =]
    Mommy2LPK

Answer by Mommy2LPK at 2:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We draw pictures, play ball, go to the park, go shopping, play with her toys I am a big play on the floor momma my LO is 17 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My 11 month old can't do a whole lot of "fun stuff" yet, but we go to the library for story time - they have one for prewalkers and another for preschoolers, some weeks we go to both. We "walk"outside and he stops to look at everything - flowers, rocks, leaves, etc, but it's a learning thing so I talk to him about whatever he looks at. Edible play dough is lots of fun! And we read all the time. Can't wait until he's old enough to color!

Answer by missanc at 10:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Puzzles, playing with blocks, playground, walks in the neighborhood (do themed walks..a color walk today where you name everything's color, a number walk tomorrow where you count everything you see, a naming walk the next day where you name everything you see, etc.) Movies, sidewalk chalk on the patio (big favorite), clay (watch for eating!), color wonder coloring books, crayons, finger paint (I do it in the bathtub before bath time).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter is 19 months old, and for her, the best learning tool is to let her be a part of everything. When I am getting her juice, I let her open the fridge, get the juice out, and then put it back. She "helps" me with everything that I do around the house. We also sing with her, and do flash cards. Another thing is I always explain everything that I am doing, whether it is changing her diaper, or folding the clothes. It may sound strange, but they pick up on stuff like that, and it doesn't require them to sit down and not be active. Because that would be impossible for her:)
    KMG0124

Answer by KMG0124 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009