Your favorite quotes?

I am making a mini album of quotes, and doing research on the internet, didn't help me too much, either i'm tired of looking, OR really all of them are so boring. Do you have any favorite quotes? And do you mind sharing them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS BY OR IF EVEN IS "BY" ANYONE BUT MY FAVORITE QUOTE HAS ALWAYS BEEN "" NO REGRETS JUST LESSONS LEARNED "" BECAUSE REALLY IF YOU REGRET SOMETHING YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM THAT SITUATION. DON'T REGRET THINGS LEARN FROM THEM AND MOVE ON.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 4:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." and "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" are my two favorites...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present." I don't know who actually made that quote, but I heard it in Kung Fu Panda (don't laugh!) and I thought it was such a beautiful quote!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today"
    -Cherokee Proverb

presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• all of the advice given to a son in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar. Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, Grapple them to thy soul with hoops

Beware Of entrance to a quarrel; but being in, Bear ’t that the opposed may beware of thee. Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice; Take each man’s censure, but reserve thy judgment.Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. This above all: to thine own self be true,

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• And this..

"Trouble no man about his religon- respect him and his views and demand that he respect yours"
    - Shawnee Proverb
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I know this is stupid, but it's a movie quote, from the Matrix: Reloaded (Don't laugh). When I heard these lines, I just thought it was great:

Locke: "Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe.”
    Morpheus: “My beliefs do not require them to.”

And then something my mother said once (to me not about me I must add)

"A sh*tty childhood is no excuse for becoming a sh*tty adult."
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 9:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "Doors of opportunity are marked "PUSH."

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Jiddu Krishnamurti

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." -David Brinkley
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• People are weird, there are no exceptions --me

Don't frown --you never know who might be falling in love with your smile. --from a movie
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009