newborn sneezing?

today my two week old son has been sneezing many times usually in clusters of two or three every hour or so but has no fever is eating normally no runny nose or anything it is just the sneezing is this normal maybe or should i call the doctor maybe what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter sneezed alot. Still does and shes 3 months old. My doctor said as long as her nose isnt runny and her eyes arent watering, she's fine. Newborns have alot of gunk in their bodies they need to expel. Sneezing is just one more way to clear the junk out of his little head. I'm sure hes fine, but if you're seriously worried, call the dr. That's what they're there for. They told me to never worry about calling, because its their job. =)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 9:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I understand newborn's sneezing is part of revving up their lungs and is normal. My little guys sneezed a few times a day, but not as often as yours.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I think it's completely normal for them to sneeze, however if it was a constant thing I might call, just to make sure it wasn't something bothering the baby ( pet hair, or something like that)
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• did you just vacuum or something? Maybe dust was stirred up?
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i agree with them it's normal my son sneezes helps clear sinus's and such but that is rather often i would call just to make sure but it's probably allergies to something maybe try and get some allergy testing done asap to find the cause gl
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 9:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I was worried about this as well w/ my 5 month old when she was just a few wks and asked the dr about it. I was told that this is normal for newborns along w/ hiccups.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2009