do i really love him? VERY LONG

Ok,so right now my so is in prison hes been in there fro about 7 or 8 months and we decided that no matter how long he was in there i would wait for him..now hes told me plenty of times if i dont want to wait i dont have to we can just see how things work out when he gets out but ive always told him i dont want to be with anyone else or have sex with anyone else..and ive had plenty of chances to do so but denied all,anyways i was in this random chat room just for fun and i start flirting with this man and it was like little flirting it was pretty intimate we got into talking about sex and then out of nowhere i just thought this is so wrong of me and instantly left the chat..so i dont really know what my question is i guess just tell me what you think about this was it just a little thing or should it be taken more seriously? I KNOW THE QUESTION IS KINDA DUMB BASHERS,DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You're in a stressful situation. You've been adamant that you want to be with him, you've turned down real life chances to cheat, and you left the chat once you realized how wrong it was. Sounds like you just had a slight lapse in judgment. Unless you're starting to think maybe you don't want to wait for him, after all, or you're doubting your love for other reasons, I'd take it as a mistake, but not a relationship ending one. Just be more cautious about what you say and do from this point forward. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• It sounds like you are just lonely. You liked the attention, but realized that it wasn't from where you really want it to be from. You flirted with a nameless, faceless, person out there in cyberspace in a moment of weakness and loneliness. Try not to beat yourself up over it since it's not a habit and you did the right thing in the end.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• have you thought about your life after he gets out of prison? what kind of job he'll be able to get, how he will be able to support you? where you will live? how he will have changed after the experience? will he take on a straight and narrow lifestyle and clean up his act so as to avoid going to prison again?

not may landlords or employers are willing to give an ex convict a chance--regardless of the laws. and depending on what he did to get himself in jail, he may not be able to live near a school district or certain communities.

everyone deserves their shot at happiness. i do not think you should put your life on hold for this man. i would go about my life, and if the two of you are meant to be together, you will be, otherwise....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• he's in prison.. why would you want to be with him? He's not going to be able to provide for you when he gets out jobs are slim as it is and with a record impossible. If he really loved you he would have had enough respect for himself and your family and not gotten into that trouble in the first place. I say kick him to curb and stay out of the chat rooms. Go out there and meet someone in real life that will treat you the way that you deserve to be treated. Someone that won't leave you for months and months because he's stupid and irresponsible and needs a time out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2009