Christians only please...

I saw a question like this in another section.

If you consider bringing another child in your family do you beleive that God will only give you what you can handle? If you were contemplating having another child would you consider your present situation and think that God would only let you have another child if he felt it was right? Do you always believe that you will be taken care of or do you worry about your current situation?

For example, we have two we have thought about another in the future but we are not sure about the money situation. Would you consider seeing what happened and think that God would only give you what you could handle and that God would only give you another child if it was right? Or do you think that the free will comes in and if you have another you are taking that chance?

Christians only please, be respectful if this is not your religon please do not answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think God trusts you to use your brain/resources properly and expects you to take a good, long look at your situation..and not be going into something blindly. i'm not talking about using your faith; i'm talking about using your brain, and taking care of what you've already been given. God expects you to be a good steward of all your assets..this included your family, and especially your finances as it pertains to taking care of your family. will God bless you anyway? of course..God blesses people who don't care diddly about him..why would he stop blessing you? God wants us to live life abundantly..that doesn't mean financially, but 'fully'. He wants us to be happy..will the financial restraints left on your family by adding more children bring about good for all? or will the finances be so stressed or depleted that it causes stress, which causes a whole lot of others negatives?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• ..take care of what you have, and God will bless you accordingly. He will give you the desires of your heart, but be a good steward, too! (psalm 37:4)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Oh, wow, I'm so glad you asked this! DH and I were just having this conversation.....I have mixed emotions about this....On the one hand I do firmly believe that God will not allow anything in your life that He will not also equip you to handle. I have a 13 month old by my LH. I remarried a week ago and we are talking about when to start a family. I do believe that if we were to absolutely forego birthcontrol completely that whenever we got pregnant, be it tomorrow, five years down the line or whatever that it would be God's perfect timing. I guess it comes down to the fact that I'm a little afraid of what God says I can handle, lol. I am worried about how I can personally manage two children under two. I am not concerned about God's provision financially at all. There is a part of me that is tempted to roll the dice, so to speak, for the next two weeks and then begin BCP at the start of my next period. But then I worry....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I think God gives us the sense to know how to protect ourselves from pregnancies we aren't prepared for. The whole "live and let God" philosophy only works if you are living according to God's plan in the first place. You can't live a worldly life and think God is going to protect you from an unplanned pregnancy.

If you're unsure if you should have another child or not, first you need to get right with God. Then you need to spend a lot of quiet time with him so you can hear what His desires are for your life.

I've known plenty of Christian couples that got pregnant while taking all of the right BC precautions...so, if a child is meant to be you will get pregnant no matter what.

But, I do not believe you should throw your hands up in there air and just see what happens. If you aren't ready for another child and don't do something to prevent it, then you have been deceived by the enemy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• So do you think if we purposely tried next year that we would be taking a leap of faith? It would not make it unbearable, the kids have never gone without anything but it's not like I could go on a shopping spree if I wanted to either, my husband makes more each year...I'm so confused, it's like I conflict with myself on the subject.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• that if I don't create the opportunity for a pregnancy that I might miss out on a beautiful child that God wants us to have. I got pregnant with DS within the first 3 months of trying. We'd never tried before and my then DH had conflicting emotions about it. He would say one thing and then contradict his words through his body's actions if you KWIM. I shudder to think of what my life would be like now if we had decided to wait to be in a better place financially, etc, before trying to get pregnant. None of us would have a piece of Lee left to love in his son. (My LH died while I was pregnant with our first LO) Yes, there is a part of me that wants to open up my womb now to ensure that if a child with my new DH is His will that I will have that "just in case" something happens to him......complicated, I know. Thank you for asking this question.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Okay, I have to add....

The bible says children are a blessing. I don't see how satan could use the birth of a child (a gift from God) to hurt you. You have a resposibility, yes, but if you and your husband are open to it and yiu've prayed for God's will to be done then I don't see the problem......

Guess I just answered mt own questions about this, LOL!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thank you so much, I see them as a blessing too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I've never got why people always say God will only give you what you can handle. People who say that obviously have never been in a mental hospital where patients literally went crazy because they could not handle what was going on in their lives. Also, if God only gives you what you can handle, why do so many people commit suicide? Was being so depressed that a person kills themselves, what that person could handle? God gave free will to everyone. He isn't going to take away that free will so you don't go through more than you can handle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• okay to pp...the ppl you speak of aren't living a christian life, so she didn't ask your opinion on that now did she?

i think God will help you, i've been blessed with 2 children and there was a time when my oldest was about 8 months old & i didn't know if i was going to be able to get diapers for her but lo and behold God provided, i had 2 boxes of diapers, in dd's size, delivered to me house via ups it was supposed to be anonomous but i found out who sent them, God puts people in your life to help you when needed and He helps you through them, i never asked for help but He knew I needed it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2009