Has anyone on here had/have the swine flu?

We believe that my dd(2 months) had it, just getting over it. She was hospitalized because she had a temp of 105.3! the lowesr was 102. they let her go home when her fever dropped and stayed down. we dont know for sure if it was swine, because NYS wont let anyone test for it!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• Yes, my older 3 kids had it - me nor my baby came down with it. They were sick and out of school for 4 days (Tues-Fri, and they'd had Mon off for Labor Day, so they had the weekend to get over it too). Wasn't any worse than the regular flu for us.

Answer by missanc at 10:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose. Neither my husband nor I contracted it.

Does it matter what a virus is called?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We all had it a few weeks ago. I still have the cough a little bit. We had the fever, cough, congestion, aches, headache. My eldest daughter had a weird, gross bloody nose like rkoloms dd had. That nosebleed lasted for 3 minutes! I think the only reason I ended up getting sick was because I spent a sleepless week taking care of my 3 younger kids. The coughing at night was the worst. I was worn down I think and got it. No biggie really though. What matters is that you get sick and get over it. A virus is a virus and it doesn't matter too much what it's called.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2009