i need some advise....

we got invited by my fiance's parents to go to the casino in a couple weeks (I REALLY WANNA GO!BC IVE NEVER BEEN BE4) and i have an issue with my 7 month old ..everytime i leave her with someone she screams the whole time i aint around and it makes me feel bad... ive left her with ppl before and thats all she does is scream ..just like lastnight for halloween we went to the grandparents house so they could see the kids and grandpa wanted to hold her and she cryed the whole time i was holding her.. it kinna hurt his feelings because if anyone holds she crys unless its me ..her sister or dad. i feel bad about leaving her with anyone bc thats all she does is cry..........
i know its bc imma stay at home mom and im with her all the time should i cancel or what im lost and scared about leavin her with anyone.. what should i do?????? plz help

angelwhite

Asked by angelwhite at 10:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its just her age, she'll get over it eventually. Relax, find a sitter you can trust that can handle the crying all evening (you don't want a shaken baby) and go have some fun. Being a mom means taking care of yourself too, and downtime definitely comes under that heading, especially if you stay at home with her.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I know its hard for you but she is only going to be a baby for a little longer. It is not good for a baby to be crying for hours because her mother is gone. I wouldn't go. You will have the rest of your life to go to casinos, except for brief periods when you have infants.

I've been to casinos in Vegas and I live in Tucson and been to 4 here. They make casinos look more glamorous and more fun in movies and on TV than they are when you go to them. They are smokey and loud. I only go for concerts or other special events and I live right by 3 of them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• sweetie my daughter was the smae way from 2.5 months on. She would only be calm with me or my aunts (3 of them) and a little with my dad and his wife. She hollered for HOURS when I left her with my mom to see my new baby cousin in the hospital.

I doubt she's cry the whole time BUT i would advice starting slowly. How is she when you are not in her line of sight at home? Start there, then who is she most comfortable with, leave her with that person for about 3-6 hours, and build it up.
    It does get better -- but it takes time (in my DD case she was oabut 2 but I've never seen anything like her)
    For you DD its normal for a 7 month old to have sep. and stranger anxiety. It will take time for her to learn that there ae more cool people in the world than just mommy -- LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• imma havin kinna a hrd time understanding your q bcuz of your horrendous grammar and spelling.

If I did read it correctly though I would just go and have a good time. She wont cry the whole time, I promise!

Anonymous

• As stated by someone else, I'm sure she doesn't cry the entire time, maybe alot of it. But maybe try leaving her w/ a blanket or a shirt that may have your scent on it.
    I don't blame you for wanting to go to a casino. Its a lot of fun! I'm jealous. I used to go w/ my hubby to Vegas every year for his work. It was awesome. Now I don't get to go because I dont have anyone to watch my little ones. Enjoy yourself and have fun!!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would not go, but that is just me.

I figure they'll be over this in some months and then I'll get more freedom.

I put their needs above my wants. I don't necessarily put their non-immediate (like, snack time) needs above my own, tho, cause a malnourished, peeing on self momma is not a good momma!! lol
    Anonymous

• do u have a picture of ur self? give them one for her to look at,also call andthey can hold the phone up to her ear. mine was the same way. its good for the both of u.also any shirt with ur sent on helps to
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Lots of babies older than 7mo can cry for hours straight. It's physically dangerous to do, and unbelievably vicious to suggest is 'fine', but it's possible. I've known several (one kid's aunt was sure she'd cave when she was 'hungry enough' but 10 hours later she was still inconsolable.)

It may be that at this point in your child's development, it's not possible for her to be secure without you. She's only just figured out that it's you, this particular human blob among many, who matters to her survival. In a little while (couple of months at the outside) she'll know that you exist when she can't see or hear you and believe that you'll come back. Right now that's beyond her.

Is the casino closing forever next month? Is this your last possible chance ever, forever?

It's amazing to me, how impatient so many in-laws and friends (and sometimes SOs) are... but expect the baby to be the one who can wait.

She's only 7mo!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009