VBAC within 2 years?

Long story short... I don't like my OB and want a new one. My discharge papers told me not to get pregnant for 2 years. I am doing NFP, so there is always a chance. Has anyone had a drug-free VBAC less than 2 years after their C-section?

AlyKen

Asked by AlyKen at 11:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Three years is a better recommendation. The World Health Organization recommends more than 3 years before ttc. Since your life is in danger if you get pregnant too soon after your C-section NFP may not be a responsible choice. I don't think a VBAC would be a good idea if you got pregnant before 3 years from what I have read.

Read info from the WHO about C-sections. They put out a lot of info around 2006 about C-sections. They held a big international meeting about C-sections and I think it was in the spring of that year.

You want to be safe. You want to make sure your children have a mother. You don't want to loose your uterus.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i had a vbac 2 years 8 months after my cesarean. i had a great group of midwives that was very supportive!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009