To Christmatize the house or not???

We are leaving Dec. 19 for vacation and will not return until Jan 2. Do I put up ALL the Christmas decorations or not???

I want to do every thing but the tree (we have a fake one).... but hubby and kids want it ALL.

Reality is that I would be the one to put it all up and I would be the one to take it all down ....... and sill be the one to buy all the Christmas gifts, wrap them, mail them, and additionally I have to buy all the vacation clothes and pack and I have made all hotel reservations, plane reservations, ski school reservations, done the itinerary etc.

So do we reallllllly need a tree?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When we used to go out of town for Xmas, I decorated as usual and then took everything down the day before Xmas Eve, so when we came home on the 26th or 27th, the house was clean and there wasn't work left to be done after an exhausting family-athon. Maybe put the stuff up, but make them help you with the tree and also make them help you take everything down before you leave for your trip.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't go throught all that work if I were leaving for the biggest part of the holiday season.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 12:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yes, I would do it all, for the kids. Especially if hubby is putting up the tree. Putting out the rest won't kill you, and it'll put you in the Christmas spirit! Maybe you can scale down just a few things (ssshhhh, the kids don't remember everything you got). Do it! Do it!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Can you do just a small tree? Get a smaller tree that is easier to set up, let the kids do all the decorating on it. They would love that, trust me. Just give them each a pile of ornaments and let them go. It may not be the perfect tree, but I guarantee they will love it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Only do the parts you don't want to do IF the hubby and kids do it instead.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 12:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i would do a tree and simple stuff i wouldnt go all out if you are gonna be gone
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would. I LOVE decorating for the holidays and we put the tree up as a family. It's a very happy time of year for us because even when everything else is going to crap I can look at that tree and be happy!
    Anonymous

• I would do the outside of the house and buy a small pre-lighted tree for inside. One that's easy to take down, and doesn't take up too much room. (Like those 4' ones they sell everywhere that are already decorated) Don't waste your effort on something you won't even be home to enjoy!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I wouldnt
    Anonymous

• I would at least do the tree
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009