SEVERE Left Hip Pain

I am having SEVERE left hip pain which at times also shoots down my entire leg. I have "Bing"ed this to see that several pregnant women have hip pain, however, there is no noted cases before 17 weeks of pregnancy. I am currently 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant. The pain is so severe I can't sit still, can't sleep on my left side, difficulty walking, almost to tears at times. I have a two year old daughter and NEVER had any hip pain during my pregnancy with her. I have taken the only thing I know I can, which is 2 tylenol, to try to relieve at least some of the pain, however, it has not helped. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. Sometimes the pain is sharp and shooting but a lot of the time it is dull, constant and burning. Is this the same type of pregnancy pains I read about on "Bing" ?? Do I need to see a Dr.?? HELP PLEASE!!

LRParrish

Asked by LRParrish at 12:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• GET TO A DOCTOR!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    thabellz

Answer by thabellz at 12:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• It sounds like Sciatic nerve pain too me. I have it all the time(I am 22 weeks) . Hurts so bad, but there is not really any thing you can do for it. My husband will massage my butt to my knee when he is off work.

Makenseysmom

Answer by Makenseysmom at 5:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sounds like the sciatic pain I had as well. I did find something that worked for me. Sit in a chair in front of a desk. Lean your head forward on the desk and scoot the chair back as far as is comfortable, you can sit on the edge of the chair if you want. Rock your hips back and forth, so your pelvis kind of rotates. That worked for me- I had the pain through the whole pregnancy, and still occasionally get it. Other exercises that involve pelvic rotation may help as well; I would ask your doctor to be absolutely sure what is causing the pain, though.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Pregnancy surely comes with its share of bothersome and aggravating complaints like hip pain. Hip pain is one of the most common complaints that bring people to their doctor, according to experts. So, the risky hip replacement surgery is rarely an option for pregnant women. Always stay clear from flawed hip devices like the recalled DePuy hip replacement devices. Fortunately, exercises during pregnancy may help you deal with this. Giving birth is like running a marathon. It requires stamina, determination and focus. Staying active during pregnancy is good preparation for the hard work that lies ahead. Exercise gives the following benefits.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2012