Circumcision diaper change question

My little boy was circumsized on Wednesday, the only thing we have to do is put vaseline on it every diaper change so it won't stick to the diaper. They told us not to use wipes on it or bathe it.

Anyhow... he has a little poop on his penis where we aren't supposed to wipe and I was hoping the vaseline would make it run off like it had previously but it hasn't yet- how should I clean the poop off? It's really not much, but I still feel like I should clean it.

THAnKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• get a damp wash cloth and gently wipe it off, if the poop stays on there he could get an infection, also until my son's healed i put a square of gauze over his penis, just folded it over after i put vaseline on, that way there is less of a chance of poop getting on hid penis, it gets on the gauze instead
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• his*
    josiesmommy00

• Yes use a damp cloth to gently cleanse it off.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would clean it and then reapply the vasiline.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• take a cotton ball, soak it in warm water and squeeze it out over top of the penis. We did that with my son until it was healed. then, just dab it gently to get any poop off of it and reapply the vaseline.
    Anonymous

• Wet washcloth. Or, a bath.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My son's doctor said to soak a clean washcloth in warm water and then squeeze it over the penis, letting the water drip over the penis, flushing out the dirt and poop. She told us to not wipe it, or use soap. We could soak the washcloth in soapy water if it was really necessary. Then allow it to air-dry and reapply the vaseline. He never had complications while healing.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009