For those who answered the "lets talk doctors" post

I'm impressed by all the people who love their OB/GYN's.
Can you please include the name and location of your doctor.
I'm not terribley happy with my doctor and would like to switch after the baby is born (which is any day now).

For those of you who didnt see the previous "lets talk doctors" post, someone asked what our likes and dislikes of our ob/gyn's are. Feel free to answer that here too.
Also, if you already have a pediatrician, can you answer about him/her here too?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i lovew my ob, i don't plan on having anymore kids but i'd reccomend him to anyone, his name is james brock and he's in birmingham alabama at trinity medical center

love the ped i have too his name is peily soong from pediatrics east in roebuck alabama
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I didn't see the previous question, but I'm going to answer here for both the OB and Pedi questions. I am lucky, I worked in OB and in Peds as a nurse. I picked my OB based on how I saw her handle patients and I picked my first pedi (we moved away from him!) based on how I saw him handle emergencies. When it comes right down to it, you want someone who is easy for YOU to talk to, and someone who knows their stuff, right?
    If you have the time, try to call the hospital nurses. They know who is good and who isn't. I used to get those calls, give the person three referrals and kind of lead them along, based on what exactly they were looking for.
    good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Personal opinion? Ok. I would never use an ob/gyn unless I were truly high risk. My simplest answer as to why is that they are surgeons, who are trained to do surgery, and often seem to find complications in normal pregnancy and birth where there are none. My favorite book on this topic is A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer. I would use and I advise others to use a family physician or a midwife, interview for the things they want out of their birth, and give birth at home or at a birth center if not high risk.

And for my child I have a family physician because I believe pediatricians treat very sick children and my child is not. I like my family physician but he doesn't know terribly accurate information regarding introduction of solids and breastfeeding, and I think you'll find this a general problem with many physicians and nurses. I take my advice on those topics from lactation consultants.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 12:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I LOVE my OB, I promote him so much that he should probably pay me for it When i was pregnant he always called me between appointments just see how i was doing. He was always the one to call me with test results as well never a nurse. When I was having my daughter he left my husband deliver her. His name is Dr. C. Bruce Lamonica and he is located in Danbury, CT.
    Emmasmom2009

Answer by Emmasmom2009 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I love both my ob and ped. They are great listeners and never assume there has to be something wrong when there isn't. My ob will call with important test results, and sends a personal letter with any non-urgent results. Our ped is a very informed doctor when it comes to bfing, and was my dh's ped, so he knows what to keep an eye on if any of our children have dh's health problems. My ob is Dr. Maple, and the ped is Dr. Thornton, both at the Hannibal Clinic in Hannibal, MO.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009