Are there any Messianic Jews who can answer this ?

I believe that it is very important to teach my son about the roots of our faith. ( We are Zionist Christians ) I know that Hanukkah is not the most traditional Jewish holiday , but I want to share it with him . I would love any ideas or info on books/websites to help me.

coffeemama1776

Asked by coffeemama1776 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• I'm Catholic, not a Messianic Jew, but I do know that the story of Hanukkah is found in the Bible (well the Catholic bible) in 1 Maccabees and 2 Maccabees (specifically 1 Mac. 4:56–59 and 2 Mac. 10:7),

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i used to attend a messianic jewish synagogue - here is there web site they have lots of links to other messianic jewish sites i believe you will find very helpful.

http://bethdavidfresno.org/
    Anonymous

• Here is a great online book called "A Family Guide to the Biblical Holidays." I used it this year with my family to learn about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. It is great. It not only teaches you the original meaning, but how they have always been a shaddow of things to come--they all have their symbolic significance in Jesus Messiah : )

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Shalom!

do you want to teach your children the Rabbinic Jewish traditions that violate the Bible?
    or the Biblical Feasts, how God set it up to bless us?
    you are welcom to visit my profile, or PM me.
    EileenMomGranny

Answer by EileenMomGranny at 5:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009