Do you have a friend that's a terrible mom?

I have a friend that's a terrible mom, she has a baby and a job at Wendy's making minimum wage. That's not what makes her a terrible mom it's that she's pregnant AGAIN and she spends all of the money she makes on her boyfriend! He is the father of both kids, has admitted to molesting kids when he was younger, he doesn't work but he lives off of her and her mom. My friend uses her checks to buy him things and feed him. Her baby only has things that were handed down from me or that her family bought. With another kid on the way she isn't going to make it, they are getting evicted and her sorry as bf won't do shit! I am most concerned that he has said he molested kids and is a schizophrenic. I am also very concerned with the fact that her baby doesn't do anything! He's 15 months old and the doctor wanted them to get him therapy but they are refusing bc my friend's bf is convinced that the government is after him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• This may sound extreme but I swear it is true. I asked my husband what he thinks about this and he says it's none of our business but I worry about the kids. Should I try to say something to her again? I have before and she got defensive and just defended her bf.
    Anonymous

• I would definatley be concerned with the well being of her kids.especially if she is refusing therapy. i would report her to chilren services or w.e. i know you dont want to hurt her but think of the children. she obviously isnt responsible enough to have them. maybe this would make her realiz shes a bad mom
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I agree with Olvia you should call social services. I have a friend who doesnt realize that she is a bad mom either. It's sad. I just stay away from her. I can't be friends with someone like that. Her hubby is going to make sure everything is ok for his kids so i don't need to call anyone. It's sad when mothers don't realize that they are hurting their kids.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yes I do. A friend of mine (I've posted about her on here before) left her 2 year old DD (who turns 3 this month) home alone overnight we're pretty sure, but it was at least 4 hours, has done drugs in the same room her DD was sleeping in, has driven drunk with her before, and didn't feed her properly the whole time her husband was deployed. But now they're getting divorced and he's got the little girl. I watch her sometimes because her mom's not allowed unsupervised visits. She gets a few 45 minute visits a week at my house, supervised of course.

In your situation, I would say to try to talk to your friend about it and if she doesn't want to listen, then let her know that you will be contacting CPS if you don't see things change in favor of those kids. They don't have a voice to speak up for themselves so somebody has to!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• All you can do is call on her. That's really all you can do.
    I didn't have a friend that I think is a bad parent. We got orders to move, and she decided to ditch me, so we are no longer friends. Back to parenting. She is going to school to be a psychologist, yet she tells her daughter she is stupid, she pulls her hair. She tells her to never get married, because she herself is unhappily married. Both her and her husband say, loudly and when the kids hear them, that they wish they never had kids. All this, among other things. I see it as mental and emotional abuse. I told her one time to not be surprised if her daughter tried to kill herself when she gets older. There are several people in her husbands family that did commit suicide. She kinda just shrugged it off. It sucks, when you see this, and can do nothing to help.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

___
    That's terrible!
    ___
    ___
    I agree with this.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009