Have you made any plans for Thanksgiving yet?

Are you cooking, visiting family or relaxing ar home?

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 1:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Answered at 2:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous
    I'm going to have the lonliest thanksgiving in the world because I couldn't afford a plane ticket home. So I'm cooking a mini thanksgiving feast for me and my son and that's it.

This doesn't sound lonely to me. You will have your son and our children can be our best company during the holidays. Focus on having a blast with your son and I bet you wont even notice the lack of other people. Have a great Thanksgiving. :)
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yep, we are visiting family the weekend before and then visiting DH at Ft Knox for Thanksgiving itself. I couldn't handle not spending Thanksgiving together as a family and my parents have been asking for us to come visit.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Going to my cousins house, my aunt is cooking, and me and my hubby are making pies so it should be good.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Going to to my ex mother in laws...me, my husband, & 3 of my kids (yeah one is her grandson). She really likes us so we get invited over. My ex is away working in another country. He doesnt even go there as much as we do when he IS in the country though. kind of sad.
    Anonymous

• nope, thanksgiving already passed where i am!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Always at our house, usually about 25-30 people depending on who has dates, which teenage kids have to work, etc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We go to my grandparents house on thanksgiving. Then I have to go to my dads. then to my step moms, then back home for my family thanksgiving.

Its a very stressful day for us.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 1:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Nothing in stone. But I'm sure we'll be expected to be at the in-laws house for the actual day of Thanksgiving. The next day we'll have to be here if it all goes as I'm hoping because my parents will come here so we don't have to travel in the cold with our very young children to see them. The only thing that bothers me is my in-laws are going to think that, like last year, it's okay for them to monopolize the entire four days. I'm already dreading the holiday season.
    Anonymous

• Same plans every year. To my grandmothers, ( My entire family gets together at my grandmothers.) at about 11 am. We will eat an early dinner there. Spend time with family and take lots of pictures. Then its back home.We put up the tree, decorate the house and lawn. And then its down to MIL's for what she passes off as Thanksgiving Dinner. She works a lot and has no time to cook so she buys it pre-cooked and it is usually pretty bad. We never tell her though because it is the though that counts and we just enjoy spending the time.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We're staying home as usual. Hopefully Hubby will be able to be home and we'll have a nice dinner and maybe go do some wheelin in our jeep.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009