Moms who are not getting the H1N1 shot. I have questions please

ok for the moms who are not getting H1N1 shot are u also not getting the seasons flu vax? I havent goten any of them and i wold like to know what Vitamins are you taking. I have heard of Vitamin D and Elderberry working. i dont have it yet but would like to order it online. My daughters dont take any vitamins but im buying the Lil Critters brand. The only thing i am taking is New Chapter prenatal's that are organic. Also when i woke up yesterday morning i woke up with some coughing and through the day it was the same. we went to the mall to trick or treat and there was like a thousand or more people there. my eyes where heavy yesterday with my neck/shoulders hurting. And today its the same. i feel like crap with a occasional sneezing. im 18 weeks and 3 days along too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• You felt like this when you woke up, so you went to the mall to spread it around?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i will not get the h1n1 shot!! theres not enuff study on it..and i dont get the flu vax, because i dont really get sick..and because everyone i know who has gotten the flu shot, gets sick anyways, so i dont figure theres a point
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• ugh no i said i woke up with a small cough here and there and i will go out cuz i can. i have shit to do every day. I wasnt coughing blood or flem. it was a dry cough like if you ate popcorn or nuts and now your throat is dry and it feels itchy.
    Anonymous

• I love how people think if anyone gets the snuffles they should stay home. I have clinicals and can't miss them. Your life doesn't stop just because you get sick. I'm taking Vitamin C, D, and if I feel something coming on I'll up the doses and start drinking echinacea.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• There was a 5-6 year study done on Vitamin C and there was a significant decrease in colds.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• thanks moonlover- i know some of those are good but i hate buying something that isnt USDA organic. i dont like putting things in my body that are just regualr vitamin d or anything. i have to start searching for the right ones.
    Anonymous

• So buy organic vitamins. :D
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i cant find them. gnc.com mothernature.com vitamin shoppe. none of them have vitamin d 5000 ui in organic form or in normal form. this is stupid
    Anonymous

• Echinacea is good for your immune system, but you should definitely check with your doctor before you take it if you're pregnant. It can cause miscarriages. I looked it up last time I was pregnant (2005) when I was sick, as someone had recommended echinacea to me previously.

The research I did didn't indicate how much echinacea is safe, so I decided against taking it. Definitely look up herbal supplements when you're pregnant to make sure they don't have side effects.
    Muria

Answer by Muria at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No shots... taking 2000IU's of vit D daily and my kids take 1400IU's (this is with their multivit as well as what I give them)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009