Pregnancy #3

Ok I'm completely freaking out. My son is almost 3, my daughter is 3 months, and I just found out I'm pregnant again! Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled. We were afraid my husband couldn't have kids. Long Long different story, but yea. The problem is. We are poor. My Husband is a shift manager at a KFC, as well as in the US Air Guard. I don't have a job. Looked but there are barely any jobs around here. Plus if I get a job, we really don't have anywhere to send the kids, and to do daycare, my check would go to pay just that. Pointless there. We live in a one bedroom apartment, and the only reason we have it is cuz my father owns it. His mother keeps offering for us to move in with her. We'd have 2 of the bedrooms. But when we lived there before, all we ever did was fight. It's to stressful under that roof, not good for baby or marriage. But we wouldn't have bills could save money, all we'd have is car payment and phone. So yea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cont..tempting. But I feel like its just going to be a situation we will never get out of. I cant live there forever. But we really cant stay where we are. I just don't know what to do, and afraid my hormones are making me panic more...any advice
    Anonymous

• You might find a job where you can watch another child (nanny) and bring your infant. Your son could attend a preschool where they accept scholarships.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Do you belong to a church or temple? Maybe go for some counselling to work out what was wrong before in mil house to prevent it from happening again, after a few sessions bring in motherinlaw.
    Usually a church or temple will offer short term counselling for a month or two at low cost or no cost.

You're not helping yourselves by moving in with mil if your fights are as bad as they are now or worse.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Bloom where you're planted. I think it's possible for it to work --but it takes some growing up on your part ('cause you can't make anyone else do it.)

Constant arguing is a result of unclear boundaries --you're not clear what you're 'allowed' to do (or, often, how old you're allowed to be) and they're not clear what they're allowed to decide. Everyone has 'agreements' in their own heads about what you will or won't do, and they get angry when you fail to live up to the 'deal' they made by themselves about it. So do you.

I'm not sure how you figure you'll 'never' anything if you move there, or how you have determined what will be 'forever if.' That's a variety of powerless planning that I can't recommend. Make a plan for moving on, starting as soon as you move in.

If you want something different work toward it. No one is going to deliver it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• or you guys could move somewhere where it is more cheaper differant town differant state find a new job maybe an idea but hey i dunno live with your mom til u guys get on your feet let her know u are in charge of u an the kids an your husband let her know you dont want yelling an screaming ur not a kid anymore tell her to treat as an adult thats that
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009