I currently have blond highlights but it costs alot. Been thinking about purchasing a box color (lt. brown). Do I need to do something to my hair first or can I just get a color and go with it?

Kare530

Asked by Kare530 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• depends on how dark it is sometimes it will turn the hilights redish brown other times it just looks like darker hilights b/c it dyes the rest of your hair too, you could get a hilight kit and have someone pull your hair through the cap & put the color on for you, it looks just as good as the salon, i get my mom to do mine
    Anonymous

• I would color the highlights first then wait 15 minutes then put the rest of the color through your hair and it should all come out just fine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Call the 1-800 number on the box you've been using and ask for their advice. They're extremely helpful, in my experience.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• been there and so not done right. I changed it back to blonde. It looked so boring....GL and hope it works out for you.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• hi i am a hairstylist and i think it would be better if u go to sallys and avoid box color,because it could damage ur hair........go to sallys and buy a semi permenent color and a devaloper.......and section ur hair into four sections and use a brush to apply it........or have somone do it for u............even if u decide to go with a box color ,color ur highlights first and wait 20minuter then the roots and comb it thru to mix it.hopefully this helps....:)
    jennycarrillo25

Answer by jennycarrillo25 at 4:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2009