After the outcome of Jon & Kate's reality tv show, would you want your own reality show based on your family?

I think for me, I would have to trust my SO 100% before jumping into anything like that. I'd have to be sure that our relationship is as solid as we think it is and that we are on the same page at all times. With Kate, she under-minded Jon a lot and often made him look like he couldn't handle himself as a man. Even if it was the show's idea to make it appear that way, she shouldn't have allowed it. My fiance and I usually see eye to eye, but I'm not going to lie. I do push him around at times without realizing it. But between him and I, we both know who runs the house...and that is the man. WITH respect of course.

applewonders

Asked by applewonders at 2:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I wouldnt it seems like having 8 kids would be stressfull enough without having a camera up your butt all the time.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My family could have a reality show called dysfunctional family 2.0. LOLOL We may not have 8 kids but how me and my sisters and other family mebers interact would make great reality TV.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't exploit my children that way.

Someday those kids are going to grow up, go to therapy and then sue their parents for abuse and exploitation --just like the Dionne Quintuplets did. Those children have been living in a zoo for years and the footage of that is not going to magically disappear when they become self-aware enough to notice that people have been talking about them and judging them and using their lives as water-cooler gossip since they were tiny.

Today, in the world where Privacy Issues are massive legal battles, where people are paranoid about putting their kids zodiac sign on their FB page, in case 'someone finds out' something about them, these kids (and the Duggers) have been followed around in their lives by millions of total strangers, just to satisfy their curiosity about other people's lives. It just doesn't match up!

It's not what kids are for.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Nope, I agree with the pp. My kids are worth more to me then that money. Sure, if we had that much money they wouldn't want for anything. But they would be so damn spoiled that after a while, nothing would make them happy anymore. Now a book, I could write a book about my family. And it would be cool to see a movie made from that. But we would not do a reality show with the kids.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No never. I think that if children want to be on tv it is because they want to not because a parent made that decision.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No way. I don't believe in expoiting children. But I do think they were a trainwreck waiting to happen long befoe the cameras got there. I've read, heard and seen far too much to think being on TLC is what drove them to divorce.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• hmm .. i understadn kate issue with the expense of it all so putting her family on air was to help her family not to exploilt them ... but in any case sinorio i might but i dont like being in the spot light so probably no lol
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• *before
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What happened with jon and kate? oh, they got divorced. people are getting divorced left and right without being on tv so I don't think thats what did it. I would still have my own reality show, I mean if anyone was interested in the life of an african american engaged woman with 3 kids by 3 different men who converted to Judaism before her last kid was born and used to be a surrogate and lives in a rented house way outta her league of neighborhood, who works as a waitress, overweight, 5'1'' and left handed. Oh, and she just found out she was pregnant with her 4th. And the due date is the same week as her wedding date.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i dunno....it seems like the kids got to experience some amazing things and what are the chances of paying for eight colleges??? now they can.
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 5:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009