What do you think it the reason for good things happening?

God? Karma? Pure luck or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Usually chance, sometimes making your own good luck, on occasion "good karma," manifested energy or "answered prayer".
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Part Karma, part God's plan and partly good timing as in, the right place at the right time is why good things happen. It's a combination of all these things in my humble opinion
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Cause and effect. Good timing. Hard work.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I honestly believe that sometimes it may seem like we are lucky, blessed, and or being repaid for genuine kindness; but truth of the matter is that it is God reminding us that He is love, kindness, understanding, and forgiveness, and these things tend to take place when we have lost all or some hope about God and His true intentions for us. if you believe in God, and the devil; then you have to believe in good and evil. God gives us hope; whereas the devil tries his ever best to destroy it. God gives, the devil tries to break us down. i'm sooo sorry to be preachy!!! I love God, and no i haven't been a loyal servant, however i never gave up on God and or His desire for this earth! when we are down and out and feel like there's no hope, God has an amazing way of knowing what we need to have be done for us to relift our spirits! God shows us that he's with us even when we feel he's abondoned us! praise Him for His geuine love!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Some R of our own free will choices. U get a raise because UR reliable, etc. Some R due 2 others free will choices. A drunk driver hits your car.  Lessons R2B learned if you choose

wvwoodsartscraf

Answer by wvwoodsartscraf at 2:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Part is karma, most is view point.

I dropped a cantalope and it rolled under 3 cars I had to chase it though the parking lot.... some would have been mad.... I LMBO. I even told people what happened.... It was the funniest part of my day.

I dropped and broke one of my favorite glass bowls the other day.... my first reaction was to look upward and say "thank you God it was AFTER dinner". The family was out of the kitchen, I was cleaning anyway, and the yummy food was not in it.

The exact same event can happen to two different people... one will break down and see it for all of the worst points.... another will praise God for the good parts, focus on those, and learn from the event... possibly even finding humor in it.l
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I believe karma has a lot to do with it. Also, helping your life move in a positive direction.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• All good is from God's grace.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I think Karma too, and just making smart decisions with good outcomes.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 4:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Mostly its based off what we have done so I guess you could say that karma can play into it...not always though. Sometimes good things just happen cuz you worked hard or were in the right place at the right time,etc.

No diety does it for you or makes it happen.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009