When you are sick, do you stay home or do you go to work or around other people?

I go to work unless my sickness makes me overly tired or both my son and I are sick, then I stay home. Other than that, I can't lose money because I have a stuffy nose and cough... that is just crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• duh....You go to Walmart.. where all the other sick people go.... LOL!

Just kiddin... In a perfect world, we'd stay at home... But we are far from perfect, so we go to work and make everyone around us sick as well....

It's the way of the world!!
    Anonymous

• I'm very fortunate that I currently have a job where I can work from home if it became necessary. Last summer I got a very horrible cold (I'm actually thinking it might've been H1N1), and my boss didn't care that I stayed home and worked for 4 days. Plus I work in the nursing home industry, which my co-workers and residents wouldn't appreciate me getting them sick. In the past though, I have gone to work sick. Like the previous poster said, in a perfect world, we'd stay home and get better but unfortunately the bills come first. And companies don't do sick time and PTO time like they used to making it much harder to miss work.
    Anonymous

• if i'm not feverish, or stooping over in pain, and have taken that which is treating the symptoms (keeping the runny nose, congestion at bay)..yes, i go to work. if i'm vomiting/diarhea...no.

btw..i'd like my clients to return the favor..but that doesn' t always happen. i have turned a client away when they've walked in, and said, 'uh, i called in sick today, i feel like crap, i think i have fever...' well, heck! keep it away from me, honey! reschedule !
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• When I worked, I'd go if I could and if I was not contagious. Now that I don't work, I'm always home so it doesn't matter anymore.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I stay home so I can get better as fast as possible. One of the joys of working from home, and being a sahm.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If your contagious stay home, otherwise stay away form coworkers as much as possible and keep tissues and handsanitizer on you and wash your hands, yeah you gotta pay the bills but getting everyone sick is jst wrong and it will be never ending for weeks, cuz everyone will pass it back and forth.
    mommame19

Answer by mommame19 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We try to stay home from work/school if we're sicker than just a runny nose or cough.

But, my husband has the kind of job where he can't call in sick to work. So he usually works unless he's on his death bed.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I go to work I don't have PTO so I for sure can not afford to miss a day or two of work. Unless I'm very contagious or something horrible.

The on thing about people going to work that bothers me is when they have that nasty disgusting cough and I have to listen to it all day
    Anonymous

• I'm like a you. A cold I'm going in. but something more serious, I stay home.
    Anonymous

• We follow the same rules the schools/daycare do - fever or puke, you stay home. Course, that wasn't good enough at my old job, they'd still insist you come in sick, and then complain because you made everyone else sick.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009