cellulite?

I am not a big person nor am i skinny but i have alot of cellulite in my legs. mostly in my back thighs and some in my cavs. How can i get rid of it? What kind of exercise is best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Cellulite comes from excess skin or untoned muscles it doesn't go by weight or size. I'd suggest start using a skin firming / toning lotion along with working out to firm up your muscles. Remember it will take time and dedication to see results but you will notice a good change
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter was born with cellulite on her thighs and butt. It's genetic. Some people have it, no matter how slender they are, and other people don't have it no matter how fat (or out of shape) they are.

Feel free to go broke keeping cosmetic companies in cash until the FDA outlaws the claims they make. Skin firming creams just hydrate and constrict blood vessels.

The appearance of cellulite is a result of connective tissue among the layer of fat that women have on this part of their bodies in order to have 'saved fat' for baby feeding and pregnancy, in case of famine.

I suggest you find something more valuable to do with your mind than depreciating your perfectly healthy and normal body. Try volunteering at the pediatric cancer clinic, or something.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I think i look fine, i just want to tone up my legs.
    Anonymous

• If you build up some muscle and get your body fat really low it WILL go away. Lift heavy weight for low reps, that will help you build up muscle, the muscle will hep you firm things up a little and it will help you burn more calories (muscle burns calories 24/7 to maintain itself!) Then work on getting your bodyfat down, look into the Abs Diet or the Eat Clean Diet. My cellulite on the back of my thighs goes away below about 17-18% percent bodyfat (with a good amount of muscle).
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm at 18% bmi & my butt & thighs are nothing but cellulite. It is disgusting & I plan on working out again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2009