I'm worried.....

OK so DH and I have been using the pull out method as well as the pill because we are trying to be careful as we have 2 boys 14 months apart and don't really want to have another one so close and so I have gotten my cycle back and its been normal...I just finished my last one about a week ago and just now I went to the bathroom and I had bright red spotting....Before my period DH and I were in the shower and he said that maybe he didn't get out fast enough....could I be pregnant again?!?!?

This is what I asked the other day but then the spotting became brown....went away after that day....We did the hoochie coochie dance again yesterday and today I am spotting again...its just kinda pink/red and thin....I don't know what to think I don't think if I was pregnant that I would continue spotting like this...but could it be a problem with my cervix? I had a weird PAP at my 6 week and I was missing a whole bunch of cells...IDK.

julieobug

Asked by julieobug at 2:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• its normal!!! i had the iud for 3 years now. sometimes there's no period, sometimes light pink - a brownish color. i think its your cycle changing again, or it could be a bacterial infection(you can tell if there's a white discharge, but not like that of a yeast infection, and itching; there's not always a fishy smell!). if you don't want to be on bc you need to use condoms or something because pull out method only works 30%!!! if you don't want to become pregnant but don't want to be on the pill for numerous reasons; then you need to research bc and makethe best choice for you!!!! on the other hand; if you don't get your period within 3-4 weeks, get a home pregnancy test and go from there.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What do you think the pill does? If you're taking it properly (not saving/wasting money by taking one ever two days or something demented like that), you have no reason to do anything else to prevent pregnancy -- unless you've been taking antibiotics, one of the well-known effects of which are to demolish the effectiveness of the pill, but strangely pharmacists and doctors hardly ever think of mentioning that...

It sounds like you have a 'friable' cervix: easily scraped. If you're using latex (toys, condoms, gloves, who knows) or some kind of lubricant or cleaner or something, you could be reacting to that.

I have no idea what 'cells missing' means --your cervix is made of cells, the absence of them is empty space... If the scrape didn't end up with enough cells to examine, that's a whole other set of stuff to do with labs and doctor techniques, not you or your body.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Oh I know what the pill does but I have EVERY reason to use another method on top of using the pill. I have gotten pregnant TWICE on two different types and dosages of the pill....We don't use condoms because they dry me out really bad and toys are out my husband is my toy there is no need while he is here...I'm worried because something like this has never happened to me before since I got my period 9 years ago.

I don't have a clue about the PAP I just repeating why my GYN told me...
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 3:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If you got pregnant on the pill before and took it every day at the same time then its not the bc for you.

In the 1960s and 1970s women were so happy about the pill. Often their men would only do withdrawl, they wouldn't use condoms, and that would mean they would have 6 or more kids. Now there are so many methods available and so many young women on cm are talking about the "pull out" method. It only takes one sperm to get pregnant. If one drop comes out anywhere near the vagina it can mean pregnancy. NFP is more scientific.

There are so many different kinds of birth control. Don't count on
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009