Calories calculator

I am looking for a calorie calculator that will tell me how many calories I need to burn per day to lose 20 lbs in 2 months. Everytime I search it it tells me how many calories I burned walking, running, etc. That isn't what I want to know, if you know where I can calculate it I would GREATLY appreciate it. I know that it depends on what I eat per day also, I am aware of that but I eat healthy. Thanks!
P.S. I have the Nintendo Wii fit plus and it tells you how many calories you burn per exercise but it doesn't tell you what I want to know, or that I have found, I just got it.... I dunno. Am I over looking it?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You're looking for information that is very, very difficult to acquire, unless you have a university biometrics lab at your disposal.

How 'healthy' you are isn't the issue: it's how much fat you have compared to how much muscle you have + a whole range of hormonal and chemical interactions = your metabolism. If you've dieted, your metabolism will be slower than normal.

2 months is pretty healthy, but it took longer to put it on, so it should take longer to take off... and you really need to be looking at what will keep you fit and healthy for life, not what you can do for 8 weeks to be slightly lighter for a while.

To lose 20 pounds, you need to burn 3500x20 calories (a pound in calories is about 3500) more than you eat --'healthy food' or not. If you eat more to compensate for working out, you'll stay the same weight or gain. Yippee.

You need to be doing big, strenuous muscle movement --build muscle to burn fat.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If this is your first attempt at weight loss through exercise, don't expect any sort of significant weight loss for the first couple of months. It takes your body that long to get used to burning calories, etc. If anything, you may GAIN a pound or two, but don't freak out. It's normal. Just keep up with the exercise. Couple that will calorie reduction, and you'll lose weight.
    Anonymous