Is this an insult?

At the morning safety meeting at work, some people were giving my co-worker a hard time and so I said "It's okay... I will cheer him up" and my ex said "Yeah, with those one liners"

Not really sure what he meant but is it suppose to be an insult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends on how he said it. I know it's retarded to answer that way but the tone of voice and the inflection in the tone can all give the meaning behind what he said. Just reading the line it does come off as offensive but he could of meant it playfully or just to tease you. Either way if you and your ex don't have that relationship then he shouldn't be saying anything at all.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• sounds like it...maybe...lol

one liners? as in one line sentences?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• nah... it was probably all in fun
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i would of right out said "what?" "what did you say?" and make him say it again and maybe he will explain himself.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• maybe maybe not.... but he is an ex for a reason. brush it off and dont worry about it.
    Anonymous

• why didn't you ask HIM what HE meant?
    Anonymous

• It shouldn't matter if he's an ex. You shouldn't value his opinion any more anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I didn't ask him because I don't want to open communication back up between us... I was just wondering if it could have been an insult because I am not really sure if one liners is a bad thing. He likes to make fun of me in ways that are not obvious to me, I won't take him back so I am thinking that he was probably insulting me.
    Anonymous

• You are right admckenzie... that is part of the reason he is my ex... his insults. I just don't like how he his opinion could have made me look stupid infront of my co-workers.
    Anonymous