Would or could this happen in your home?

So the Christians and the Pagans sat together at the table,
Finding faith and common ground the best that they were able,
Lighting trees in darkness, learning new ways from the old,
And making sense of history and drawing warmth out of the cold.

-- by Dar Williams

(see links below)

Would or could you share a table and share your religion with a relative of a completely different one?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IT happens daily here!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• we do often. we are catholic and many many of our friends are jewish. some are hindu. and at least on that i know of is athiest. I dont have to agree with some one to admire them. I can find the good any many things I dont agree with 100%. There should always be common ground.... just have to look for it.
    Anonymous

• Would or could you share a table and share your religion with a relative of a completely different one

Yes. It is not uncommon in my family. My mother had 3 daughters & we have 3 different religions (Pagan, Christian, Buddhist). We don't talk about religion frequently, but it comes up from time to time & we have interesting conversations. We share tables pretty regularly.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• yes, if all parties were open to it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• hmmm. I"m jewish and white and petite and my man is christian and black-skinned and large. Our minds have met, what else is necessary?
    Anonymous

• My Jewish daughter's locker partner (this is the third year) is Muslim and Palestinian.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• yes!!! i do not judge any religion, do not put any religion down! i accept and love differences; and how better to discuss them than over good food!? i accept the entire human race same religion or not, same views or not, same race or not, as my brothers and sisters. we all were created and descended from adam and eve, so why would i put my family down over pettines!? yes religion is important, but so is family; so i refuse to make ANYONE uncomfortable just because our views of religion and God are different. just like you don't(by "you" i mean anyone) like to have someone's thoughts and views of their religion shoved down your throat, why would you() do it to others!? i will break bread with anyone with an open mind and a honest and open heart!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You mean like the BIL who said our souls were all in danger through my wedding? Doubt it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I should say, yes it could happen at my house with some of my relatives, but with other relatives it could not happen.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009