Did someone really sue over this?

I opened a new eye liner this morning and noticed there's a warning on the label now: Do not use in a moving vehicle.
They don't randomly throw those warnings on, they only go on if they have to. Did some idiot actually sue over damage done by putting on makeup in a moving car?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My favorite was on an iron that I bought, it said, "do not iron while wearing an article of clothing as you may get burned," duh
    VicMo

Answer by VicMo at 4:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm sure some idiot did... just like the woman who sued because she burnt herself with McDonalds hot coffee... I simply can not fathom how people sue over stupid things that are their fault due to lack of their own common sense
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Probably, I heard some women do put their makeup on while they are driving a car.

Answer by louise2 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• 1st to answer the original ? Yes, just like the "Do Not Drink" warning label on the bleech bottle some future Darwin Award winner has definately tried it, any of you living in a metropolitan city have seen it. 2nd to address the 1st response; that lady successfuly sued Mickey D's because there was an internal company wide document that required keeping the coffee at above scalding temps to discourage people from coming back for free refils. When that cup dumped in her lap she really was burned (I do agree that there are WAY too many bs lawsuits however).
    Anonymous

• probably, i mean think about the smart ass that sued mcdonalds for having the coffee too hot with out the warning!!! coffee drinkers know when they make fresh coffee at home its piping hot, so why not expect it else where!? thik about it on that level; the point is sharp because either is brand new or just sharpended, you're in a rush so you have to apply it in the car, you're at a red light and it changes to green, or you have to stop suddenly and the point jabs your eyeball. most of us would shrug it off and say that's what i get for being stupid; but for a manipulator, they think "hey i might have a law sit, i should call a or my lawyerand see for sure!". is it fair or right to the company to pay for our ignorance!? no, but is that the way it goes!? hell no. so live and let live; and say "damn why didn't i think of that!?"!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Or the person who tried t sue for getting fat off of eating at mcdonalds hello they didnt shove it in you mouth you ate there. i dont rmemeber if they won but it was stupid even hearing about it,but liek the above post said, "damn why didnt i think of that"!!
    mommame19

Answer by mommame19 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I go on the road for a month in the summer every year with my Hubby and you would be shocked to see what people are doing in their cars! It scares the hell out of me to know my Hubby's out there doing one of the most dangerous jobs there are with people like that out there.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Someone probably did try. Some of these warning lables are a crack up.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• That's too funny. I bet whoever applied eyeliner on in the car got quite a smudge...*giggles*
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009