The copy and paste moms

I just saw this in a post and it made me think about how many other moms have noticed this. When you see someone give the same advice word for word (like they KNOW IT ALL) all the time, to the point you know it is just copied and pasted, do you take the advice seriously? Or just roll your eyes in annoyance and ignore it like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh well fair enough if the answer doesn't even match the question - that'd definitely be annoying. I getcha.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I am a copy and paste mom. I see the same questions over and over. Rather than look for previous questions, moms ask questions that have been asked dozens of times before. Rather than recreate the same answer dozens of times, I save answers in a word document, and copy and paste.

Please explain why you think this is a negative.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• slapYeah... I don't understand what you dealio is....

Anonymous

• If you don't want sound advice, whether it's from a credible source online, or personal experience, then why come on here and ask for it? Does it really matter if it's copy and pasted?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What I'm saying is I don't want some prewritten answer that you give to everyone. If I wanted some vague advice, I would just google it. I want something specifically about what I'm talking about. Not some advice you give to everyone that may not even apply. For example, the post that made me think of this question, the c&p'er started giving advice that didn't even properly apply to that mom's question, because she just assumed what she wanted to. The advice was not helpful at all, if was infact, offensive. The title of the question was something Cunning, sneaky, liar, something like that. I think it was in General Parenting. You'll see what I mean.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, when the same questions come up over and over and over and over, they don't need original answers. Copy and paste works fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't see the point sometimes in re-writing out pretty much the exact same answer I have given before sometimes, so I just find an old answer I have written to the same question, and copy and paste.
    I see no big deal, it's just another time-managing technique.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We used to do the same thing when I worked tech support it was called a canned answer. It's to help speed up responses to faq. I often look up old responses about how to get your child to sleep through the night.... and I completely ignore any question that asks am I pregnant?
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I think the OP meant more from a source that could be googled without any real personal info. And they also tend not to give credit to those people either.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009