Anyone else hate their kid?

I love her most of the time, but she's just so annoying right now. I'm not sure if it's me, or just stressed or what. I'd never hurt her or anything, I just don't want to be around her all the time. She's so clingy. She's 2 and a half and only wants mommy. She's fine with grandma or just daddy. But if I'm around it's whinning all the time. "I need up" "hold me" "mommy come here" mommy this and mommy that. I can't pee without her in there or crying at the door. Mommy has to give the bath and take to the potty. "I want this." When she gets it," I don't want it." when I take it back, "I want it." It's so frustrating. Please tell me they outgrow this stage. I'd much rather have a baby any day!

Anyone else feel this way? And save me the you're a mom, deal with it speaches. I understand. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be overwhelmed or frustrated from time to time and allowed to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Trust me, we all have those times. Anyone who says they don't is lying. It sounds like you need a break, a few hours to yourself if you can get someone to watch her for you. And if not, an early bedtime and a glass of wine help me de-stress.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• throwing upUm obviously there is a reason your child is feeling clingly.. maybe you are just not being very motherly and she can sense that. You don't sound motherly to me at all. A real mother would understand that this is a child's way of gaining your attention because they are feeling lonely, or sad, or upset about something. Geez... I am so glad you aren't my mom!! Poor kid!!!

Anonymous

• you are her mom! of course shes clingy to you.and no i dont think anyone HATES their kid.geez.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Listen - you're frustrated. You don't hate your kid.

Every mom gets frustrated, and when you're in the wrong mood "mom" can be the last thing you want to hear, but that's all - you don't hate your kid.

Find some stress relief techniques, relax, have a little mom time while someone else looks after her and refresh yourself.
    Anonymous

• thanks bitch. apparently you didn't ready the part about don't give me shit 'cuase I just need to vent. it must be nice to be such a perfect mother all the time and never be upset or frustrated or anything. Good for you!
    Anonymous

• Ours are 6, 7 and 13, I would love for the days when they only wanted me for everything... They grow up so fast, now they just give me a quick hug and maybe a kiss and are off to play...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Do you hate your child or do you just not like the way they act ? Being a mom is definitely not picnics in the park. I have a 3 yr old who at times ecspecially when he whines drives me up a wall and tests my patience. It's normal it is what they do. However when they act a certain way ecspecially clingy there is usually a cry for something else going on. Does she cling to you because the first part of her life you spoiled her by holding her all the time? Maybe now you have to push back a little bit to break that cycle. Find a way to show her you love her and get yourself some distance.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 4:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I have never hated my child. The child senses your frustration and feeds off it. Maybe actually spend time with her and address her needs and then she will start feeling more comfortable and will play on her own. Poor baby is probably just trying to get your attention.
    Anonymous

• omg, i'm there all time!!! i have 4, and it flip flops between all of them! they crave attention, and when they think or feel they're not getting it they act clingy! i love all 4 of mine; i tell them they are the 4 chambers of my heart and keep me alive, and remind them they are all loved equally!!! its most challenging when all 4 are craving attention all at once. play with her and watch her tv shows with her for about 3 hrs, take a break and inform her you just need 3-5 min; but put it to her in terms of commercials, and you will be back when the show comes back on. there is no answer for their ill timed neediness, but she feels like she needs it right then and there. find what ever tacti you can use to reach her level and let her know that you love her, and nothing could or would ever change that but mommy needs mommy too. we need and deserve breaks, or else we'd snap and do something stupid!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I can understand you... My husband is in the Military and he's gone for school right now, and my 2 year old daughter doesn't understand why daddy is gone and let's it out on me right now... Also really clingy and throwing tamper tantrums for no reason... But at least I know the reason why she is doing it.
    Maybe your daughter feels that she is too much for you right now... Do you have family or her daddy that can maybe take her out for an hour or two so you can spend some time by yourself?
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 4:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009