New WIC (as of Oct. 1st) question about the whole grains option....

The book and check specify that I am allowed to buy Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread up to 16oz. But Nature's Own Bread comes in loafs that are 20oz not 16oz. How does this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Shop a different store for your WIC stuff if they have another bread option. I know one store I shop only has 1 of the options, and another store has 2 of the options. And to the anon :05, the tortillas and rice are not an option if you chose the bread option - it's one or the other - I had to choose between bread, tortillas, or something else, and the rice was a totally different thing. I get 2 loaves of bread & 2 things of rice per month for my kids.
    Anonymous

• You buy something else on your list, namely the corn tortillas or brown rice. If you still need help with your options call the local wic office and they can help you.
    Anonymous

• buy the other brand. there is a few to choose fropm. my grocery styore just let me have the larger size
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009