Anyone else hate being called mom/mommy by people who aren't your children?

Am I the only one who finds this annoying? I can't stand it, for example, when I go to the pediatrician and the dr calls me "mommy" and the nurses call me "mommy". I mean sheesh! Is it so hard to look on the file and call me by my name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I like being addressed as my kids' mom when I'm at their doctor.
    Anonymous

• Really Anon? You don't realize that the docs and nurses are just doing that out of laziness because they don't want to have to actually look up WHO they're speaking to? They call EVERYONE "mom", "dad", "grandma"
    Anonymous

• No, it doesn't bother me. Heck, sometimes I think if someone did address me by my real name, I wouldn't respond b/c I'm so used to answering to mommy. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'll take that over ma'am any day. Ma'am would be my mother/aunts/etc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No, it doesn't bother me at all.

Really this seems like such a small thing to get upset over.
    Anonymous

• Oh I thought you meant like when other random kids call me mommy and I was going to say I've never had that problem lol. But I don't mind it when his doctor calls me mommy. It's my sons appointment so I don't need to be addressed by anything other than what my son calls me.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't bother me... I am my son's mom and proud of it. When people do call me by my first name, my son thinks it's funny to call me by my first name and I don't like that too much.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Why does it matter whether or not they look up YOUR name? If my kid's doctor didn't know my kids name and was too lazy to look at the file then I might be concerned but who cares whether or not they know my name? It's not MY doctor!
    Anonymous

• it doesn't bother me at all..they are usually addressing my child, when they refer to me as 'mommy'..when they address me, i'm certain they say call me by name, or ''mrs. miller.''.
    it aint' no big thang!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• It bugs me to death. I am not their mother. It is rude and disrespectful and if you want me back you won't do it. If you sense a bit of anger there you would be right.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009