Any one else celibrating Thanksgiving this year?

Or is every one just getting ready for Christmas and saying "screw thanksgiving"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• It does seem that way, doesn't it? Especially when you go to any of the stores.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We're celebrating Thanksgiving! The only flaw in the festivities is that my Dad is in Heaven, and it just hasn't been the same since before he passed away. We'll have a good day, though, filled with family, friends and love, and lots to be thankful for!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Of course we're celebrating Thanksgiving :-). But I am also getting ready for Christmas, since that, to me, is the bigger holiday coming up. Thanksgiving this year will be smaller for us. We normally have a house full of guests (friends, since we are military and don't get to go home for Thanksgiving), but this year we will not be doing that since there is a bunch of drama going on between our friends. We will make a turkey and a ham for our family, and possibly my friend and his daughter. We will be making all the sides, watching the parade and football, and just enjoying the day as a family. Then the next day will be dedicated to getting up the rest of our Christmas decorations. I don't decorate for Thanksgiving other than a basket full of mini pumpkins, gourds, etc on the table, and a nice pretty table cloth, and the kids always make Thanksgiving crafts in school. I just dont have $$ to decorate for Thanksgiving.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yes, of course we got's to eat.  yummy

Anonymous

• omg thanksgiving is krzy im like my boys couldnt eat the food cuz they were to lil... but now omg i hope they like or even luv lol ... but yeah my mom n i are lil scared abt the xmas tree n if the boys are going to do to it ... thinkin abt putting a toy train or a gate idk but its so exciting cant wait
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Na , my family is definetly going all out for Thankgiving ... I love it I go to 2 places my dads house then my mother-in-laws ... its a time for family and goooood food !!!!!!
    pregoResA

Answer by pregoResA at 7:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We always celebrate Thanksgiving. Especially since my brother's birthday is the 26th, my daughter's is the 23rd, and my soon to be son-in-law's is also the 23rd! We also celebrate the birthdays when we gather together for Thanksgiving!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We're celebrating it. I would never skip Thanksgiving, that would just be weird!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My family is mostly JW. So they don't "celebrate Thanksgiving" but my mother still insists on having everyone over for a turkey. Her excuses is "everyone has the day off." So we are forced to sit around her table for a stress filled dinner full of arguments and burnt food. And best part of all, I'm obligated to cook something... It's always just "so fun" I'm just hoping for swine flu or something to get me out of it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• We are getting together with my family for thanksgiving.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 2, 2009