Why does ketchup and spaghetti sauce make me break out in pimples?

Every time my skin will be almost totally clear of pimples, but whenever I eat spaghetti , pizza or anything with red sauce it gets bad all over again.. i cant totally avoid of of those foods so what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• You are allergic to tomatoes?
    Anonymous

• Can you eat fresh tomatoes without problem? If it's canned products only, I'd be inclined to suspect something in the manufacturing process, rather than the tomatoes themselves. If you also react to fresh tomatoes, then you may be allergic to tomatoes.
    In processed products like tomato ketchup and spaghetti sauce, there's often high fructose corn syrup and, especially in ketchup, red 40 (artificial red food coloring). More and more people are finding they have mental or physical reactions to these items (from difficulty concentrating to hives and other skin reactions). Since you're noticing a problem specifically with red processed goods, try searching out brands that don't have food coloring added to them and see if that helps.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 4:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I would say because of the acid in the tomatoes.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• you are probably have allergies or maybe are sentive ... ask your doc
    pregoResA

Answer by pregoResA at 7:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009