Do you get a fresh real tree for christmas every year, or use a fake one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Real, always.
    The smell of fresh pine is an essential part of Christmas, to me.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Always fresh! I love the smell of a fresh tree in the house!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I always had a fresh one but since I had dd I have a fake one. When she is a little older Ill go back to the real thing. I just dont trust her with a real one with the needles and such. But def love a fresh blue spruce! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Fake. While real trees are of course beautiful and smell great . . . they are a pain. My dogs would just drink all the water, so that would be a constant battle and I have too many memories of getting pricked by pine needles. You can vacuum a million times, but needles still seem to linger around for weeks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• and where I live the spiders are everywhere! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i try to get a real one every year, i hate trying to make the fake one look full and fluffy lol. it just makes it more christmas-y for me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Um - bridget, just FYI, you don't put water at the bottom of a christmas tree....
    Anonymous

• Real...there is a lot here that donates all their profits to charity, so they usually get our business.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

___
    You do if you want to keep it alive and around for a while. My parents had a real tree most years growing up, and we always had water at the bottom of it. We would put the tree up around the first week of December and not take it down until after Christmas. And now they have a beatufiul pre-lit fake tree.

We also have a pre-lit fake tree. I'm not really interested in hauling a real one in by myself, since my husband is not always around to take care of those kinds of things. As for the smell, I just buy a couple of yummy scented candles.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

__
    This is why I want a new one. The one we have wasn't real expensive and can be kind of sparse if you don't work at it. I want a good quality tree that you never have to worry about it looking sparse. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009