What are your reasons?

To use the anon button? If you have a strong opinion about something why not par it with a name? In this political section I see a lot of strong opinions that are anon, some are respecful comments and then a lot of them are not. If you didn't have the option would you still comment? Perhaps some people feel uncomfortable with their positions and thoughts and fear offending others or unmasking themselves. Takes courage to feel and think something and then tell the rest of the world what it is....without hiding your identity

Asked by older at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Because at times it is safer. Though I rarely if ever answer anon I have posted personal questions anon.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The anon button is used too much to be rude and to hit and run on questions. I think that some people use it because if they didn't the regulars assume what is being said and don't really read the message in the post. Does that make sense? (it did in my head, LOL)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• just guessing, since i always own my thoughts, or pass the post by..i suppose there could be the fear of being blackballed by familiarizing someone's SN with there 'debateable' responses. IDK..just a guess.
    i'm pretty sure there are other reasons...but really, no one knows anyone on the internet. its fairly safe that no one's going to knock ya down in the walmart parking lot for saying something hateful on CM!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I use anon in everything since I found out that you can google your cm screen name and all of your responsed and questions are displayed. I would have been okay with that if I didn't have my kids names and pictures on my home page.
    Anonymous

• ''their''..oops!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Anon, you can still make your home site private.

Answer by older at 4:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• funny! i just googled my SN and came up with people (men, too) who share my SN..my guess is we all do hair, but only one of us is on CM! LOL
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I agree with the anon.
    Even if you make it private all your info is still there.
    Id rather be safe than sorry
    Plus there are some moms that dont leave your opinion as it is.
    If they dotn like it they harrass you.
    Childish I know but that is the site for you.
    Anonymous

• Cuz we can older. thats part of freedom dont you love it
    Anonymous

• Lol, I can't even remember to post anon when I want to, which has happened five times or so. Only when the response is personal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009