Christmas Tree Question, got me to thinking, what do you?

wrap around the base of your tree, or do you use anything? In the past we always had a tree skirt of some sort, any different ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I, as well, use tree skirts. For the "fairly real-looking artificial" tree, I use one which matches the gold, white, crystally ornaments, balls and bows and clear, white lights.
    For the real tree, I decorate with a cute, old, red and green felt skirt from Crate and Barrel, colored lights, and NO balls...only ornaments I have had handed down to me from my MIL and that I have been collecting for me & my family for 30 years...I really LOVE Christmas!!!!
    havercat

Answer by havercat at 5:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• christmas tree go's into a bucket, with rocks inside to hold it in place.
    Bucked gets wrapped up like a present with chrsitmas wrapping paper and a bow around it.
    Anonymous

• i've used gold lame, for when the colors where gold, white, and crystal. i've used red "netting", bunched up to pillow the base. i've used a 'snow blanket, with extra snow. its looks great until i start putting wrapped presents out..then you can't see the base anyway. (no, we don't wait 'til xmas eve to show gifts.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We just use a tree skirt, I've had the same one since my kids were little but we love it. Its made to look like Santa's coat, a swirled red velvet with white furry trim and 3 big white buttons.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i wrap the base of our tree with a skirt that says " merry christmas"
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't have a tree skirt so what I do is pick out (or pull out of the quilting stash) a piece of Christmas fabric a couple of yards long and wrap it around the base. It always looks festive and matches the tree.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I use my quilts, a different one each year. I have also used an old lace tablecloth that my Great Grandma had made. I put a solid color under it and it looks really pretty.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We have a Winnie the Pooh tree skirt that we got my daughter's first Christmas. We use it every year. She is now 9 and we have a 4 year old son as well.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I want a tree skirt. I bought some pretty blue velvet fabric that has silver stars on it. All of our stockings are made using this fabric, so the leftover, I put under the tree in sort of a bunched up way so you can't tell that it's not made to be a tree skirt. LOL
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009