Really yellow urine (maybe TMI)

I read somewhere once that it meant something if your urine is really yellow. Does anyone know what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Health

• It probably means that you aren't drinking enough water. Or if you have eaten anything yellow, that will also affect it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• you need more fluids, or it could, COULD indicate pregnancy. try increasing fluid intake first, if you miss period get tested.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Dehydration... or some multi vitamins make my urine more yellow.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• dehydration
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Certain foods can also discolor it, certain medications - I know when I'm good about taking my vitamins & stuff mine turns more neon yellow, and one antibiotic turns it an weird orangey color. If I haven't drunk enough water in the last day it's a lot darker, or if I drink too much other stuff like coffee/pop it's darker. If I drink nothing but water and more than normal, it's pretty much colorless.
    Anonymous

• Some foods with high amounts of yellow dyes will (some meds too) and also if you are not drinking enough it will be darker. It should be almost clear if you are drinking the correct amount of water everyday.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If you're talking really DARK yellow, it could be dehydration. If you're talking really BRIGHT neon yellow, it could be that you just ate something with massive amounts of B vitamins in it. Going on a fortified cereal binge will do that. Like 3 bowls of multi-grain Cheerios. Just sayin'. ;)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• That you are not drinking enough. That is all.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009