Do/did you powder your baby with every diaper change?

My SO just powdered my son's bottom so much that it was everywhere. Do you do that?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not really. I put powder on at night but not during the day.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I only powdered when a rash was present. Have to be careful that they don't inhale it too.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Nope, my firstborns ped told us not to so we didnt and the "tradition" stuck.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I have never powdered my baby. I don't see the point. DF's cousin did once at bed time and when I went to change his diaper in the morning it was all clumped up in his foreskin. It was gross so I just don't do it.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Using powder can be harmful, specially in large amounts, they inhale it as it expands, consult your pediatrician about it, most of them are against it.

Answer by older at 5:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I agree with older...you are not supposed to use baby powder anymore.....stick with something like desitin creamy (my personal fav) and yes, I used it each time whether he needed it or not---
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it keeps the skin nice and soft. We used cornstarch powder though, knowing that talc can be bad. I use it on myself after the shower too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Absolutely not, powder is dangerous for anyone, but babies especially. It is not needed ever.
    Anonymous

• Talc is what's dangerous, and most powders aren't talc anymore. Most are cornstarch, which is harmless. Yes, I powdered my babies at every change. Just a light dusting and they never got rashes.
    Anonymous

• I don't powder at all. It can clog up their lil pee holes.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2009