need advice

me & my sons dad are not together he hasnt done anything for my son in the past two months he hasnt bought him anything & on top of that he only ses him once in a while.He sure does have money to go to clubs and do everything he needs to do he only calls on weekends or when he doesnt have things to do..so i was wondering should i let him see him if not what are somethings i can do so that he wont get to see my son no more the way i see it is he is not doing anything i am so why should he see him

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I can understand your frustration. The issue becomes a legal problem if you ban him from seeing his son. I suppose you can do that but it could become problematic. Maybe you need to just tell your ex what you've told us and see what he says? Try to work out a schedule with him explaining that an on/off dad isn't good for your child.
    Anonymous

• Try not answering your phone when he gets around to calling for him. Work out a paln in the future that involves money & a set time to visit.
    Anonymous

• your child is so adorable ! how awful is that his father doesnt want to take the time n see him ... any child needs both parents... try to work out a schedule ~ because legal issues are awfull n stressfull .. didnt like it when i had to go thru it or still in it ... i wish the best to you ...
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Is he a good dad and does your son know him? Is it fair to keep him out of your son's life because you don't like his choices? Do you have a legal amount of money he is supposed to be giving you to help raise your son, like child support?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2009