Anyone elses DH or SO wierd like this?

I cook dinner but the rest of the time we kind of take turns making food for one another. DH will be more than willing to make me something if he is hungry too but if he isn't, he won't and will try to convince me not to eat. BUT if he is hungry and I am not he refuses to get up and make himself something, he just keeps repeating it till I get up make him something. He will even go so far as to come into the bedroom and tell me he is hungry, when I suggest a sandwich he says he doesn't want one and walks away, to come back 5 min later to tell me he is hungry again. So if I am hungry, I have to make it if he isnt, but if he is hungry I have to make it when if I am not, but if we are both hungry, he is happy to make it. Does this make sense to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i see it as, spending time with you or knowing your doing somehting for him.. like what hes eating he got form you, or when your both eating you are eating something he made for the both of you, and your eating together...... i dont think hes lazy, i htink its more
    ""baby, please i want attention, please be around me or do something for me.. ""
    be happy that he wil volunteer sometimes..
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Tell him you'll get and give whatever when he graduates kindergarten with check pluses for Respect and Responsiblity.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Weird. No my husband isn't like that. If he's hungry, he'll go make something. If I'm hungry, I'll go make something. We usually have left overs we can just heat up so no one has to "cook" when we're hungry.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ummm no thank goodness my hubby is not like that! If he is hungry (and I am not) he will fix his own food-- and I will fix my own if he is not hungry. We both take turns at cooking supper-- some days he does, some days I do.
    Sounds like your husband needs to learn that if he is hungry (and you are not) to just shut up, quit pestering you and fix his own food.
    Anonymous

• No, mine will make himself something if it's not a meal time and he is hungry. He will even cook supper or help me if I'm really busy. I'm lucky there.

Your DH is lucky you put up with that childish behavior. Maybe tell him you're not his mommy. My son does what he does.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Uh no.
    That IS childish behavior. I don't even allow my 3 yr old to talk to me that way.

Anyway we have 3 meals in this house, and I usually make the dinner. Breakfast is usually my husband's domain unless he is out of town and lunches are usually sandwhiches we all make ourselves with what I bring to the table. He also helps with the dishes.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Just say "no"
    Anonymous

• I babysit for an 8 year old who acts like that.
    Anonymous

• I agree with jlouise03. My DH does the same thing some times and has admitted this is why. But, in the end he has to deal with what ever he gets up and makes himself! I'm the one who's 6.5 months pregnant and he's the one with all the cravings. I announced a few months ago that I'm not running off to get him anything until he's carried a child or two!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009