All religions PLEASE partisipate! What is your perception of these bible verses?

This is a perception study to see how people in all religions perceive a bible verse when reading it. You do not have to believe in the bible I just wish to know personal perception and if they differ from religion at the end I will post the actual definitions. Please give your religion before your quote perception and along with each verse please state whether or not you feel you follow the meaning whether because religion or personal morals. as well as what makes you follow it. Please NO BASHING OTHERS IN THIS POST.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Cotinued

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "OP, are you a Christian? If you are not....then why are you asking these questions? I noticed on your profile it says "other" as your religion..... I really don't think Christians should waste their time answering questions to someone not really interested in worshiping the Lord."

does it matter if she is Christian or not? obviously it does to you, which is sad.. because if you read the verses she posted, perhaps you would see the error of your ways.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• The first is meaningless; the second is a restatement of the Golden Rule (which predates Christianity by about 5,000 years).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Hebrew 1 & 5,6
    1 Let brotherly love continue.
    5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

2Tim. 1:7b For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Prov. 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Rom. 4:14,15
    14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
    15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression

Rom. 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Prov. 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

James 4:6b But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Continued
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Last but not least Matthew 7
    1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to h
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• 9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    hot-mama86

• 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    hot-mama86

• 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I will get back to you on this... this is quite a few scriptures... I am not sure that many will take the time to answer this post. 2ndly I will not use the KJV but the NASB when responding as well as reading each IN CONTEXT .. I am a Christian who is a believer and follower of Jesus Christ and has a relationship with Him.. not into religion period.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009