how long after

how long after delivery is it okay to start exercising.....i don't mean anything too full on, just simple half hour walk etc....if you've had a normal labour with just a few stitches ot tears?
how long did it take you to be more active after you delivered your baby.
i am currently 33 weeks and after having my baby (God willing) i would like to get back into shape before i start work again...but was wondering how long ladies generally waited and rested before beginning even simple exercises.
if you could plerase let me know of you experience, i will apprecaite it very much.....the more responses there are, the better it is for me :)

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i had a great labor 14hrs seems long when you say it but really thats normal i didnt tear was cut but that didnt bother me at all it was my back that bothered me after standing or walking even sitting up too long after about 2wks or so that went away but everyones different some pain could last longer for some but really after about 2wks you should be just fine to walk and light stuff like that your body will let you know
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You can aim for a natural delivery and reduce your chances for complications like stitches/tears. The less healing time, the easier & sooner it will be to get back to it.
    Are you planning to stay upright, moving, working with gravity, and avoiding unnecessary interventions? You can have a truly blissful natural birth! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i think as soon as you feel like it, walking is good. my son was born october 8, 2007 and i don't remember when we started taking walks but i do know we were doing it in october, because i have a cute pic of him outside in his stroller =) i had a natural labor with minor tearing, i was pretty sore for about a week but then suddenly felt much better
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• This is very dependent on the person and how active you were before and during pregnancy. The only person who can truly tell you this is your doctor and only after your delivery. Typically they say to take it easy for about 6 weeks, but I was up and walking my usual half hour at 4 weeks PP with the doctors blessing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2009