What are your stories of birth control and pregnancy? Did any method of birth control work 100 percent for you, but when you stopped you became pregnant?

Has any one gotten preggers while on the pill or with an iud in place? What worked best for my husband and I was condoms and gel, easy to use no script needed to have to worry about forgetting to refill. What about your bc?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The patch worked great for me. Now, I find out it is bad. AAAAHHHHH! Luckily, I've gotten my tubes tied so it doesn't matter.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I was on depo, loved it, got pregnant right after stopping it. With hubby we just used condoms & I also knew my body & when I was ovulating...with our last baby we were basically using abstinence til one of us could get fixed, just had to get some one night, used a condom even though I wasn't within days of ovulation either way and BAM bonus baby - our only boy though! Needless to say I got my tubes tied the day after he was born!
    Anonymous

• I was on the pill for 18 years. It worked great. But it did take a while once I went off it before I got pregnant, but we weren't trying that hard.
    Anonymous

• Well, after my first child I tried a low dose pill but I got hives no matter what brand I tried so I was going to do the IUD but they screwed it up(my insurance and delivery of it,etc...long story).
    So DH and I went back to what we'd done before...pull and pray.

We did that successfully and then I did the mini pill after my second child for 4 mths until the emotions it brought out in me was too much to handle(it made me very angry)so I stopped and we did pull and pray again.

We did that and did have a suprise pregnancy several months later which was alright by us cuz we were getting ready to ttc again anyway LOL.

I had a tubal after my third child so thats what we use now.

I have many friends who did the IUD and it was successful for them...no issues. And, when they removed it to ttc again they got pregnant toot sweet.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I've been on BC pills for just over 10 years. For the past 5 years I've been taking Orth-lo. It works great for me, and then we decided to have a baby, it only took a little over a month. I thought it would take a while to conceive since I was on pills for so long but that wasn't the case.
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• On the pill from 15 to when I found out I was pregnant at 22. Never missed one. Now I don't do anything and no ohter pregnancies even though I'm still only with the same man.
    Anonymous

• I have only used condoms and the depo shot -- condoms are ok, as long as you make sure you dont get too far in the mood, before going to grab one lol....but me and husband have been using them for a year and no babies, that includes not using them sometimes, but it is also hard for me to get pregnant.....it took a year to get pregnant last time.

I hated the depo shot, i gained 50 pounds in just a few months, and I was restricting food and walking almost daily ! Broke out, alot, and had really bad mood swings..but I have a blood clot disorder, so I cant take it anymore ( or any birth control, besides condoms) anyways.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2009