I guess we can now say "We told you so"

LOL I have heard a few people saying they thought she did the right thing getting out so her votes wouldn't keep the conservative that the people really wanted from having a chance to win. Hah, little did they know.....

ALBANY, N.Y. – A day after Republican state Assemblywoman Dierdre Scozzafava abruptly suspended her campaign for a New York congressional seat, she announced Sunday she's endorsing the Democrat in the race — not the Conservative Party candidate favored by fellow Republicans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091101/ap_on_el_ho/us_ny_special_election;_ylt=AvVjw9lKnAbaxmp3Ap8wbraMwfIE;_ylu=X3oDMTJwbm05ZHR0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMTAxL3VzX255X3NwZWNpYWxfZWxlY3Rpb24EY3BvcwM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDZ29wZXgtY2FuZGlk

What are your thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that, as a private citizen, she can endorse whomever she wants. I'm a conservative. I hope the conservative wins. What goes on in NY really isn't my concern...........except for the fact the winner directly effects my life. The winner will go to Congress and vote on laws which directly impact me and mine. This doesn't change the fact that she can endorse the dem, the conservative, or no one. She still lives in an almost free nation.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Be careful what you wish for. Some folks just wanted to history made.
    Anonymous

• My thought are that Republicans think with their heads instead of their hearts like Democrats do, and that ast a Republican (thinker) she came to the conclussian that what needed to be done was more important then party lines or party loyalty. Hopefully the Democrat she's endorsing will not use this oppurtunity to step on the values of the people who endorse her.
    Anonymous

• Well, frankly the Democrat she is endorsing has the same political views she has demonstrated with her political actions ... that would be WHY she was endorsed by groups which want big gov't to confiscate more citizens' income so it can be redistributed as handouts to their members.

She is only being true to those supporters (such as ACORN ) when she opposes a candidate who would work to bring a swift end to their rise in power.

And, of COURSE it is a betrayal of her Republican supporters ... AND it proves that Mr. Hoffman was absolutely justified in opposing her candidacy. Those who supported Doug Hoffman were intelligent to follow their principles in defiance of the convenient political scheming.

Following your principles - integrity - is ALWAYS the good path.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "I am supporting Doug Hoffman, because denying Nancy Pelosi another foot soldier is vital to restoring fiscal responsibility and common sense in Washington."    ~Matt Burns (Scozzafava's now ex-manager)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What did you tell us?

She is endorsing someone who has similiar political leanings and it happens to be a democrat this time. Should she just endorse Hoffman BECAUSE he is a republican?

I don't think any person with a particuliar letter next to their name has ALL the answers, do you?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't think any person with a particuliar letter next to their name has ALL the answers, do you?

you sure thought obama had all the answers a mere 12 months ago! has your 'hope changed'? lolololol
    Anonymous

• I don't think any person with a particuliar letter next to their name has ALL the answers, do you? you sure thought obama had all the answers a mere 12 months ago! has your 'hope changed'? lolololol

Please refer me to where I said that? I would never say such a thing about a politician. I said he was the better choice of the two major candidates and I still believe that...LOL..So does Glenn Beck, His EXACT WORDS...McCain WOULD'VE been WORSE@!! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sweet, quoting Glenn Beck? Eh?
    Are you broken or am I?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sweet, quoting Glenn Beck? Eh? Are you broken or am I?

Aren't we ALL broken in one way or another! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009