Do you raid your childs Halloween candy after they've gone to bed?

My boys agreed to give me all their candy in exchange for new toys. So, i have eaten some of it but most of it i'll be giving away to my MIL. lol

I know when i was little we took our sacks (we used pillow cases) to bed with us because if we didn't our mom would eat our candy! lol

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did not. I haven't even raided it today, despite my daughter giving me all of her chocolate. I just haven't wanted it. I usually do, but I didn't this year. We've decided to send 90% of the candy to my husband in Afghanistan for him to share with the guys in his office, civilians and soldiers alike.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• LOL Way to bribe them
    That is awesome!
    No I dont eat halloween candy .
    I am not a huge fan of sweets.
    When I do want something tho It is nuts!
    I cant just eat one that is why I ust stay clear of all junk LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter is 3 so yes, I did sneak a couple treats after she went to bed. I have the worst sweet tooth of anyone I know so just looking at it is torture! HAHAHAHA!! She is really gracious though, and willingly shares with me if I ask for a piece. She's such a sweetheart!
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 6:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Well, i didn't bribe them just so i could eat their candy! lol
    I did let them eat some of their candy. They picked their favorites.
    But mostly i took the candy away because it's not good for their teeth, their bodies or their immune system. My house is BIG on healthy choices. But i also try hard not to be a food nazi. I truly strive to be balanced between health nut and letting them be kids. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• LOl No I didnt mean it that way I ment way to bribe them in to giving up the junk food :)
    Ill have to try that one year LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I am going to try some kind of bribe, too. My dd is allowed 4 pieces a day (a piece per year of age). So today I gave her the 4 she picked, and she ate them, ok fine. I nodded off while reading with her in the family room. I opened my eyes and she is eating MORE candy- right before bed. When I asked her what the deal was, she informed me that since she already had 4 from me, she had to get 4 more from Daddy. LOL. She has that man WRAPPED around her pinky.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• oh- and yep- I raided her stash as soon as she was in bed- but I only had 1 (okay 3) pieces.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No, it's their candy. If I didn't want them to have candy we wouldn't have gone trick or treating. I don't get parents who let their kids go to halloween activities and then complain about the candy, or resort to tricks and gimmics to take it away. Seems mean and manipulative to me.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yep I am w/teamquinn, everything in moderation I say. They have so much fun sorting through it all and choosing which to eat etc. Then the new wears off and most of it is still hanging around here and gets dumped when the Christmas candy shows up.
    As far as raiding the Hween stash I don't have to (anymore, wink). My kids know my faves and now that they are older the make me my own pile - so sweet and generous : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009